help > Directed edges
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 15, 2015  05:06 PM | Jason Chan - UCC
Directed edges
Hi All,

I am new to Brain Net Viewer.  I think that it is a great toolbox!  I was wondering if the method has changed between v1.43 and v1.52 for constructing directed edges.  In the older version I have no problems constructing the appropriate matrix, clicking "directed" and it works.  In the newer version, when I click the "directed" button, every connection is bidirectional. 

Thanks in advance!
Jason
Jun 16, 2015  09:06 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: Directed edges
Dear Jason,

Thanks for reporting this bug. Please replace your file BrainNet.m with the attached one. 

Please let me know if any further problem. 

Best,
Mingrui
Attachment: BrainNet.m
Jun 16, 2015  03:06 PM | Jason Chan - UCC
Dear Mingrui,
Thank you very much for the prompt reply and fix.  It works perfectly now.  I just have one additional question.  I have one or two bi-directional links where I would like to make them two different colours.  For example, one direction is significantly different, but the other direction is not.  I would like to make all significant links one colour and non-significant links another.  Do you have any suggestions as to how this can be done.

Many thanks,
Jason
Jun 17, 2015  09:06 AM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Jason,

The new version of BrainNet Viewer allows to read a matrix with the same size of the edge file. This matrix is to control the color for each single edge. For instance, all the one-directional connections could be labeled as 1, and two-directional connections could be labeled 2. Then in the option panel, the color for label 1 and 2 can be selected separately, just like the module of nodes. 

Best,
Mingrui
Jul 1, 2015  10:07 AM | Jason Chan - UCC
Hi Mingrui,
I am now using ver. 1.52.  I was wondering if it is possible to use the color matrix for "directed" links.  I am able to color code whether a link is uni- or bidirectional, when the network is not directed.  However, I seem to have problems when I check the "directed" box.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank in advance.

Jason
Jul 1, 2015  12:07 PM | Mingrui Xia
Hi Jason,

We tested the function of color matrix for directed network, it works well. Could you provide more details about the problems, or send us relevant files for testing? 

Best,
Mingrui
Jul 2, 2015  10:07 AM | Jason Chan - UCC
Hi Mingrui,

Thanks for your help.  I am sure I am doing something wrong.  Basically, I need three different colors, corresponding to 1, 3, and 5.  In some of the bidirectional links, each direction is a different color.

Best,
Jason
Attachment: Modulation.zip
Jul 2, 2015  01:07 PM | Mingrui Xia
Hi Jason,

The color matrix should be a symmetric matrix, because we can't map an edge with two different color currently. Please see the attachment. 

Best,
Mingrui
Attachment: Modulation.zip
Jan 11, 2017  10:01 AM | Brahim Belaoucha
Hi All,
I am new to BrainNet viewer, I have two questions:
1-How does BrainNet viewer give a value to the directed edge? does it take the max value between the two values of the two directions of the edge?
2-I have two different values (real) for each directed edge, how can I display each of the two directed edge?
thank you in advance
Jan 11, 2017  03:01 PM | Mingrui Xia
Hi, 

1. BNV takes the mean value for the bidirectional edges. 
2. Currently, this is not supported. 

Best,
Mingrui