sdm-help-list > Questions about masks to extract values
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 19, 2016  11:09 AM | Franziska A.
Questions about masks to extract values
Dear Joaquim,

thank you for this nice software. I am currently using the extraction and meta-regression options. Concerning that I have some questions:

1. I was looking for a mask of midbrain structures. A mask for the pons is included, but not the midbrain or have I overlooked it? Is there a reason why you did not include this structure?
2. I tried to extract SDM-Z values from a masks of the whole meta-analytical clusters. For this purpose, I used the masks for each blob. The report of the extraction showed that the number of voxels in this blob mask is less than the number of voxels identified by the meta-analysis. Why are the mask for each blob different from the the clusters of the mean-analysis?

Thank you very much for your help!

Franziska
Oct 17, 2016  01:10 PM | Joaquim Radua
RE: Questions about masks to extract values
Dear Franziska,

There is no specific reason for which the software has one or other mask, we simply used the regions reported in some atlases. Fortunately, you can use your own mask, similar to the one attached here (which I just created it from FSLView Talairach atlas, you may want to use an improved one).

Regarding the blob masks, this is probably a bug that was solved but not uploaded to the website, sorry for that. We're working on it and hope to upload a new version with this issue solved in the next few days.

With the best wishes,

Joaquim