help > cannot import 3d raw format test data
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 17, 2017  10:01 PM | Hamid Hasani
cannot import 3d raw format test data
Hi all,

I am trying to open '3D straightened C. elegans - 3D raw format' from test data set. I am getting stuck to bunch of errors by Vaa3d executable file. I could open '3D image of an adult fruit fly brain - 3D tif format', though. I provided the errors and also a log file in attached files.

Thanks,
Attachment: errors.zip
Jan 17, 2017  10:01 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: cannot import 3d raw format test data
It seemed you have run it from a Windows machine, - how much memory you have on the machine?
Originally posted by Hamid Hasani:
Hi all,

I am trying to open '3D straightened C. elegans - 3D raw format' from test data set. I am getting stuck to bunch of errors by Vaa3d executable file. I could open '3D image of an adult fruit fly brain - 3D tif format', though. I provided the errors and also a log file in attached files.

Thanks,
Jan 17, 2017  10:01 PM | Hamid Hasani
Yeah, the operating system is windows server r2 2012. The memory is 32 GB.
Originally posted by Hanchuan Peng:
It seemed you have run it from a Windows machine, - how much memory you have on the machine?
Originally posted by Hamid Hasani:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Jan 17, 2017  10:01 PM | Hanchuan Peng
That is strange, - the image should be able to get loaded....
Feb 10, 2017  06:02 PM | Hamid Hasani
RE: Vaa3d crashes for opening test dataset
Hi all, 

I recently cannot open any test dataset provided for Vaa3d. I tried all tif and raw formats to open the images with vaa3d. It crashed all times. I would open the tif files w/o crashing, though. The error has been attached.

Thanks,
Attachment: error.PNG
Feb 10, 2017  06:02 PM | Zhi Zhou
Can you send the image to us for testing? Thanks.
Feb 10, 2017  07:02 PM | Hamid Hasani
I just used the images you provided in your website: 

https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki...

I used the first three images. I am running Vaa3d  on a windows server 2012 r2 and VS 2010.
Feb 10, 2017  09:02 PM | Hsienchi Kuo
Hello Hamid,

Thanks for using Vaa3D!

From your screenshot, I suppose that you built Vaa3D by yourself? Actually you can try to build Vaa3D 3.223 by cloning the latest code from github. I've just used this version to try the 3 images you mentioned but no errors happened.

Hsienchi
Feb 13, 2017  11:02 PM | Hamid Hasani
Thanks Hsienchi,

I went through GitHub, but I could not find Vaa3D 3.223. I found 3.200, as the latest version, though. Could you send me the link for cloning version 3.223? It is the first time that I am using GitHub. Could you let me know:
1. Do I need to first remove and uninstall the vaa3d that I built on my PC?
2.I am gonna use the below instruction link for cloning Vaa3d. Is that the right way to cloning and build vaa3d?
https://help.github.com/articles/cloning...

3.After cloning, it is built automatically by itself? Or I need to install other software, like Qt, VS, etc as well?

I already used the below instruction link for building vaa3d.I always get stuck to errors, though. 
https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki...

Could you please let me know any other point that I need to build vaa3d? I have been stuck more than 3 months to build this software on my windows. I highly need to use vaa3d for continuing my research.

Best,
Hamid
Feb 20, 2017  07:02 PM | Zhi Zhou
There is no significant difference between 3.200 and 3.223. It seems we do not have such issue on our end. If you can provide more detailed information, we can check it again.

It seems you downloaded and installed our released version directly. So far, the latest released version is 3.200. There is no released 3.223 version available. If you want to get our latest version, you have to build Vaa3D from source code. The link (https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki...)you mentioned is the right instruction link. 

But as I said before, if you want to solve the crashing issue, you don't have to use/build the latest version.
Feb 20, 2017  07:02 PM | Zhi Zhou
Sorry. it seems you are using 3.222, which should be bulit from the source code. So can you load these images using our release version (https://github.com/Vaa3D/release/release...)?
Feb 20, 2017  10:02 PM | Hamid Hasani
Yes, I can load them by released version. Right now, I have a problem for using "view 3D". It changes the colormap of my images. I checked with dataset test image, but it did not change its colormap. I used imageJ for my image and it showed correctly. I also tried different colormaps for my images. For all of them, the colormap changed after using view 3D option. Please find the image in the attachment.
Attachment: n_calc_3d.tif
Feb 20, 2017  11:02 PM | Hamid Hasani
Please find this attachment as well. Can I also change the colormap to jet, Matlab colormap, by using vol colormap tool?

Thanks,
Attachment: Capture.PNG
Feb 20, 2017  11:02 PM | Zhi Zhou
You can change MIP --> Alpha under "Volume" menu in 3D View windows. But you may not be able to see the inside content in 3D.
Feb 21, 2017  12:02 AM | Hamid Hasani
I tested and it did work. Thanks very much.

I am using vaa3d to render 3d array matlab files. Right now, I can do that by release version, w/o needing to build vaa3d. Could you please let me know what are the benefits of building the software for especial case like me? Because I spent a lot of time to build the software and it did not work correctly. I am not sure does it worth it to spend time again to build the software or not.

Thanks,