help > Extract first principal component only (PCA)
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 15, 2017  10:03 AM | Isabel Berwian
Extract first principal component only (PCA)
Hello Alfonso

I have a short question. I am writing a batch script and I would like to use the first principal component of my ROI only.

In the conn_batch_help document it says:

dimensions : rois.dimensions{nroi} number of ROI dimensions - # temporal components to extract from ROI [1] (set to 1 to extract the average timeseries within ROI voxels; set to a number greater than 1 to extract additional PCA timeseries within ROI voxels; set to 0 to compute a weighted sum within ROI voxels (ROI mask values are interpreted as weights))

From the description it is unclear to me, to which number I need to set it to only get the first principal component? 

A short advice would be greatly appreciated!

Isabel
Apr 5, 2017  02:04 PM | Isabel Berwian
RE: Extract first principal component only (PCA)
Dear Conn-Users

I have a short question. I am writing a batch script and I would like to use the first principal component of my ROI only.

In the conn_batch_help document it says:
dimensions : rois.dimensions{nroi} number of ROI dimensions - # temporal components to extract from ROI [1] (set to 1 to extract the average timeseries within ROI voxels; set to a number greater than 1 to extract additional PCA timeseries within ROI voxels; set to 0 to compute a weighted sum within ROI voxels (ROI mask values are interpreted as weights))
From the description it is unclear to me, to which number I need to set it to only get the first principal component? 

A short advice would be greatly appreciated!

Isabel