open-discussion > dcm2nii and dcm2niix, outputs not the same
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 10, 2017  10:04 PM | psailasuta - U of Hawaii
dcm2nii and dcm2niix, outputs not the same
Hi,

I downloaded dcm2nii and dcm2niix for MacOS 10.12.4. I got two different outputs on my T1 dicom.

Several .nii.gz output using dcm2nii, I am wondering what are the different between files that start with co***.nii.gz and o**.nii.gz and several other files with names start with date***

For dcm2niix I got only one output with file name starts with T1***.nii.gz, however this output fslview displays black screen.

what are these files and which one I should load in FSL.

thanks
Apr 11, 2017  07:04 PM | Juan Felipe Orejuela
RE: dcm2nii and dcm2niix, outputs not the same
Hi, I have been using the 20170216*** file that is just the original T1 converted to nifti format. The co20*** file is the same T1 but cropped and adjusted because the excess air surrounding the head as well as the neck have been removed. The o20*** is, I think, the re-oriented image. However, I do not know how it works but when I check this file it is always left-right flipped, so I do not use it at all.

Originally posted by psailasuta:
Hi,

I downloaded dcm2nii and dcm2niix for MacOS 10.12.4. I got two different outputs on my T1 dicom.

Several .nii.gz output using dcm2nii, I am wondering what are the different between files that start with co***.nii.gz and o**.nii.gz and several other files with names start with date***

For dcm2niix I got only one output with file name starts with T1***.nii.gz, however this output fslview displays black screen.

what are these files and which one I should load in FSL.

thanks