help > Crop a swc by selecting a region
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 18, 2017  03:05 AM | wu han
Crop a swc by selecting a region
Is there a way to crop a swc file by selecting a region. Then save this ROI to a new swc file? Thanks
May 18, 2017  03:05 AM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Crop a swc by selecting a region
enter the neuron editing mode (right clicking the neuron in a 3d viewer and choose from the pop-up menu), then you can easily remove any parts you do not want by paintbrush-type cut, or circling areas you do not need, .... finally you save the remaining part to file.

Originally posted by wu han:
Is there a way to crop a swc file by selecting a region. Then save this ROI to a new swc file? Thanks
May 18, 2017  04:05 AM | wu han
Thank you very much for instruction. I follow you step and I can do that by selecting a branch then delete that branch. But how can I select a min (x y z) max (x y z) just like surface cut to choose a region. Then save this region to a swc file. Thanks.
May 18, 2017  05:05 AM | Zhi Zhou
Instead of using "delete the nearest neuron-segment" option, please try to use "delete multiple neuron-segments by a stroke". In this mode, you can easily remove any segment by a stroke, or you can circle an area and hold "Shift" button at the same time to delete all segments inside the circle. In this way, you can quickly remove all unwanted segments. 

Here is one example video for your reference (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujii6f1ehpnct9...).
May 18, 2017  05:05 AM | Hanchuan Peng
you can write a simple plugin to do so easily....

Originally posted by wu han:
Thank you very much for instruction. I follow you step and I can do that by selecting a branch then delete that branch. But how can I select a min (x y z) max (x y z) just like surface cut to choose a region. Then save this region to a swc file. Thanks.
May 18, 2017  06:05 AM | wu han
Thanks for all reply. I know how to that now.