help > Remove Vaa3D.org from images and adjust scale
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 10, 2017  01:06 AM | Mian Wei
Remove Vaa3D.org from images and adjust scale
Dear Professor Peng,

Thank you for providing a powerful 3D imaging visualization and analysis software Vaa3D.

Can I ask you three questions about the software?

1. When I use the "movies and snapshots" plugin to save images and movies, the images and movies have a mark "Vaa3D.org" on the lower right corner. Is there a way to save images and movies without this mark? The software and your previous papers about the software will be acknowledged and properly cited in the references.

2. Is there a way to adjust the length and the unit of the scale bar in the 3D viewer? I am not sure what the unit is in the scale bar.

3. As you wrote in the user manual, the voxel size in the z direction is often larger than that in the x,y directions. The tiff images I am analyzing contain the information of the voxel size in all three dimensions. Would it be more natural if the software could obtain the voxel size information from the raw image and render the 3D image using the correct aspect ratio of the voxel? The current version uses a "z X3.00", for example, to deal with it.

Best,
Mian
Jun 10, 2017  04:06 AM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Remove Vaa3D.org from images and adjust scale
Hi,

It's important to have the information displayed.

The unit is voxels. If you zoom-in and out then the scale bar will change (rescale).

For (3), you can do the conversion for any of the snapshots and replacing the units with physical units after conversion.

Best,
-Hanchuan

Originally posted by Mian Wei:
Dear Professor Peng,

Thank you for providing a powerful 3D imaging visualization and analysis software Vaa3D.

Can I ask you three questions about the software?

1. When I use the "movies and snapshots" plugin to save images and movies, the images and movies have a mark "Vaa3D.org" on the lower right corner. Is there a way to save images and movies without this mark? The software and your previous papers about the software will be acknowledged and properly cited in the references.

2. Is there a way to adjust the length and the unit of the scale bar in the 3D viewer? I am not sure what the unit is in the scale bar.

3. As you wrote in the user manual, the voxel size in the z direction is often larger than that in the x,y directions. The tiff images I am analyzing contain the information of the voxel size in all three dimensions. Would it be more natural if the software could obtain the voxel size information from the raw image and render the 3D image using the correct aspect ratio of the voxel? The current version uses a "z X3.00", for example, to deal with it.

Best,
Mian