help > Project brain surface coordinate on cortex
Oct 1, 2014  11:10 PM | Li Zhu - Rutgers University
Project brain surface coordinate on cortex
Hi friends,

I am PhD student working on the functional connectivity using fNIRS. Currently I already have some functional connectivity result and want to visualize it using BrainNet Viewer. Firstly I want to say that it is really a fantastic tool which is friendly-use and can generate very high quality figures.

I want to generate a pattern with nodes and edges which represent my functional connectivity result. I already get a pattern which looked pretty good. However, I have a problem on the nodes coordinates. There are two sets of nodes in my pattern, one is on the pre-frontal cortex, the other is on the visual cortex. Currently, the position of the nodes on the pre-frontal cortex are very good, but nodes of visual region are seemd fall into the cortex, as attached. 

I supposed the problem might be caused by the fact that the coordinates I used was the channels on brain surface. I might need to project the brain surface coordinate to that on the cortex. But if it is the case, the brain template should be smaller than brain surface, so all nodes, in turn, should not be sunk into the cortex. I am quit confused on this.

Can anyone let me know the source of this problem please? And also can you let me know how to project the surface coordinate onto the cortex?

Thank you in advance for your kindly help!

Best,
Victor Zhu

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Project brain surface coordinate on cortex
Li Zhu Oct 1, 2014
Mingrui Xia Oct 3, 2014
Li Zhu Oct 3, 2014
Xin Zhou Dec 9, 2014
Li Zhu Dec 9, 2014
Xin Zhou Dec 11, 2014