help > RE: 2 sess., covariate associated with only one
Oct 13, 2014  10:10 AM | Renata Androvicova
RE: 2 sess., covariate associated with only one
Hello Alfonso,

Thank you for your kind reply. That is what I thought too and I have done it exactly the way you've described. But then I wanted to see what simple effects drive the difference and that is where it started to be confusing. I thought that it is counted like this: first CONN counts the diference scan (intox – nonintox) and then it tests whether the difference is different from 0 at value 6 THC. But the results which I am getting seem to be counted like this: (nonintoxicated scans with THC as a cov centered to 6 ng/ml) - (intoxicated scans with THC as a cov centered to 6 ng/ml) and then tested against 0 hypothesis. Which is not what I want because in nonintoxication the THC was 0 for all subj. Please find attached the slide which shows the simple effects and the difference in connectivity.

Thank you very much for your help, Renata

Originally posted by Renata Androvicova:
Hello Alfonso,

Is it possible in conn to associate covariate with the scans in only one session? We had one nonintoxicated session with THC plasma concentration 0 and then intoxicated session with variable individual THC plasma concentrations. I would like to compare lets say nonintoxicated connectivity of insula with the intoxicated connectivity of insula on THC concentration centered to a particular value. Thank you, Renata

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Renata Androvicova Oct 10, 2014
RE: 2 sess., covariate associated with only one
Renata Androvicova Oct 13, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Oct 11, 2014