open-discussion > Correlations with covariates
Apr 2, 2015  03:04 AM | D J
Correlations with covariates
Hi SPHARM team,

Thank you very much for your excellent tool.

I'm aiming to run some correlations with covariates, however I'm running into some problems.

From my reading the Pearson & Spearman correlations only use uncorrected means, and this matches my trial runs where including covariates doesn't change the Pearson/Spearman parameter or significance maps. For example, both the command lines below give similar Pearson maps:
shapeAnalysisMANCOVA /path/to/inputfile.csv --interactionTest --simpleCorrs --numIndependent 3 --columnIndependent 1,2,3 --testColumn 1 
shapeAnalysisMANCOVA /path/to/inputfile.csv --interactionTest --simpleCorrs --numIndependent 1 --columnIndependent 1 --testColumn 1

What does change with the inclusion of covariates is the interaction test Raw P and FDR maps, however I'm not clear what exactly this interaction test is assessing as the significance maps don't overlap very well with areas of strong correlation on the Pearson R value maps.

Am I using the wrong command line options to use covariates for correlations, or is there something more fundamental to do with the interaction test/correlation difference I'm missing?

Thank you,
David.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Correlations with covariates
D J Apr 2, 2015
D J May 28, 2015
Beatriz Paniagua May 27, 2015
Martin Styner May 27, 2015