help > RE: "Wrong dimensions" displaying denoising histo
Feb 8, 2016  08:02 AM | Jalmar Teeuw
RE: "Wrong dimensions" displaying denoising histo
Hi Alfonso,

I can't find any irregularity in the data other than the fact we have one subject with less volumes than the other subjects. We have a very simple setup; one session for every subject, all 900 volumes except subject 106. It just happens that the error appears during computation of the histograms at about 45% (which is around subject 106 out of 232 total). We can check the individual histograms in the Denoising tab, so the 'all histograms' plot is not essential for us to continue. In fact, all subjects have been completely processed and produced data in the analysis folders (including subject 106).

I've attached the project file in case you're curious about the problem. We'd love to hear if anything is wrong with the file, especially if it may have an effect on the output of the analysis.

Kind regards,
Jalmar
Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Jalmar,

Having a subject with different number of scans should not affect this display. One potential reason why you might be getting this error message would be if you have entered different number of scans/volumes in the different functional sets for this subject (e.g. in Setup.functionals "set0" might have a number of volumes different than the number of volumes entered in "set1"). Could you please check if this is the case? (otherwise please send me your conn*.mat file and I will take a quick look to see if I can identify the source of this problem)

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Jalmar Teeuw:
Hi Alfonso,

We get an error when trying to display the denoising histograms for all subjects on the denoising tab in CONN15h. 

Error using conn_displaydenoisinghistogram (line 29)
Wrong dimensions

We didn't encounter this problem in CONN15g. We happen to have one subject with an incomplete scan (~90% of the data) that we still haven't decided whether or not to include in our analysis (different degree of freedom for just one subject may proof tricky). The error happens about the time the computation hits this subject although I can't tell for sure. Could it be this subject with incomplete data is causing the error? What would be the best way to exclude this subject from analysis, or remove the subject from the project, so we can have a look at the denoising histograms?

Kind regards,
Jalmar

Edit: I tried to display the histograms with CONN15g, but it gives the same error. We reprocessed our data with CONN15h, so probably something else has changed to cause this error because I do have the histograms for our data processed with CONN15g.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Jalmar Teeuw Feb 3, 2016
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Feb 4, 2016
RE: "Wrong dimensions" displaying denoising histo
Jalmar Teeuw Feb 8, 2016
Jalmar Teeuw Feb 8, 2016