users > RE: Warps settings optimization
Apr 18, 2016  03:04 PM | Greg Jefferis
RE: Warps settings optimization
Originally posted by Pieter Louwe:
Thank you for the quick and helpful reply. I had a closer look at my data with your comments in mind, in most of channel the registration is almost perfect. There are a few bits where the registration isn't though. If i then look at these bits in the affine registered data I noticed that in these cases the structures where quite far apart. So it would appear that the warping isn't able to bridge the gap and register all the way.
In these cases, is is the whole volume that is not well aligned at the affine stage, or just part of the volume? If the former, you need to improve your initial affine estimate. If the latter then as Torsten discusses you could increase the grid spacing/step size or increase the ability of the registration to deform the volume (principally warp energy). There is one either that might be worth checking off the shelf – switching the metric to e.g. cross correlation, since these images must be very similar.
As you guessed correctly I am using the munger. To loosen the warping should I be changing the values for Jacobian constraint and rigidity weight then ? It would be great if Greg ( or anyone else) could give some advice on how to adapt the munger. 
eYou can change the following munger command line options to modify the parameters discussed above.

-X [exploration] (default 16)
-G [grid-spacing] (default 40)

-E [energy] energy of warp transform (default e-1)
-J [0 to 1] jacobian-weight volume constraining param (default 0)

The metric can be set by:

-M [metric] (Supported values: nmi, mi, cr, msd, ncc, default is nmi)

You can get help for munger by choosing help for CMTK tool, running munger on the command line without arguments, or going to:

https://gist.github.com/jefferis/6cac924...

Best,

Greg.

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Pieter Louwe Apr 16, 2016
Torsten Rohlfing Apr 16, 2016
Pieter Louwe Apr 18, 2016
Torsten Rohlfing Apr 19, 2016
Torsten Rohlfing Apr 19, 2016
RE: Warps settings optimization
Greg Jefferis Apr 18, 2016