help > data conversion dismatch
Apr 30, 2016  01:04 PM | Olivia Liu
data conversion dismatch
Hello.
 I have some questions during the use of SPM-fNIRS. I am a graduate student of Shaanxi Normal University in China. We collect fNRIS data from LABNIRS (SHIMADZU CORPORATION). I tried to use SPM-fNIRS for data analysis, but to find that it is not supportable for our data format. LABNIRS uses 3-wavelength (780, 805, 830mm) absorbance calculation to measure change of HbO, HbR, and HbT, while other equipment uses 2-wavelength. In addition, LABNIRS uses absorbance level instead of light intensity or optical density to calculate hemoglobin concentration changes. Since LABNIRS can exports hemoglobin concentration changes (including HbO, HbR, and HbT), we tried to skip data conversion and use these data we exported from LABNIRS to perform temporal preprocessing. However, in the temporal preprocessing, time series of optical density is required. And the format of variable od (optical density) in the sample_fnirs is 11886*52*2. Our data cannot change into this kind of format since LABNIRS have 3 wavelengths. Regarding these questions, can you provide some resolution for us? I attached our origin data files including absorbance level and hemoglobin concentration changes. It will be very helpful if SPM-fNIRS can support for our data format.

Yours faithfully,
Bingjie Liu
MOE, Key Lab of Modern Teaching Technology,
Center for Teacher Professional Ability Development
Shaanxi Normal University
Xi'an, China
Attachment: original files.zip