open-discussion > RE: Problem with SPHARM_Tutorial_Data_July2015
May 2, 2016  02:05 PM | Beatriz Paniagua
RE: Problem with SPHARM_Tutorial_Data_July2015
Hi Shahrokh,

Thank you for providing more details on your study design.
I think that SPHARM-PDM do the registration automatically for example with first order ellipsoid for alignment. Is it true? If so, why do you point out to do pre-registration in your last reply and also you mentioned in your paper (Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 22 (2014))? If it is wrong and I must do pre-registration, is there an automatic way for the registration?

What SPHARM-PDM uses the first ellipsoid is for 1) a pose correction that is performed over the parameterization only (before even a pdm is generated) and 2) it is true that after that step there is a pdm ellipsoide-aligned. The three PDM families SPHARM-PDM provides are *surfSPHARM.vtk, *surfSPOHARM_ellalign.vtk and *surfSPHARM_procalign.vtk. All of those PDM collections have a pose corrected parameterization that uses the 1st order ellipsoid, but we do not call that a registration. 

In our OO 2014 paper, we choose to perform an initial registration to our binary images based in a semi automatic method based in anatomical landmarks of the TMJ neck (as many of the TMJ OA samples have huge dismorphologies in the condylar heads). Since we do not want our SPHARM generated PDM's  to override this expert registration, we use the *surfSPHARM.vtk files. The fact these files have a pose corrected parameterization has nothing do do with registration.
Step 3: According with the manual of ShapeAnalysisMANCOVA_Wizard-Tutorial.pdf, I got to the second tab (Test Parameters), I check the box "Group test". At this moment, unfortunately, I can not see the list of headers of the group test columns to chose the desired parameters, for example SPHARM Surface in Original Space!? Why? Where I'm wrong?

Have you selected the group column in the CSV file paramter tab? You will have to click in the text box that reads select input file column and then double click in a cell of the column named "SPHARM Surface in Original Space(*_pp_surfSPHARM.vtk)". A number should appear into your text box, before you go onto Test Parameters and group test column title in the "test column" foldable menu. Does this make sense?

I hope that helps,
Beatriz

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
shahrokh nasseri Apr 4, 2016
Beatriz Paniagua Apr 10, 2016
shahrokh nasseri Apr 27, 2016
shahrokh nasseri May 10, 2016
Beatriz Paniagua May 10, 2016
shahrokh nasseri May 11, 2016
Beatriz Paniagua Apr 27, 2016
shahrokh nasseri May 1, 2016