help > RE: subjects specific exclusion masks
May 28, 2016  07:05 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: subjects specific exclusion masks
Hi Alain,

Unfortunately there is no option yet in CONN to specify subject-specific explicit analysis masks. I will see if I can have that added into the next release. In the meantime, one possibility would be to simply pre-multiply the functional data for each subject by his/her corresponding mask file (e.g. using spm_imcalc), and then enter your desired subject-independent analysis mask in Setup.Options (e.g. if you want to include those voxels in the union of all subject-specific masks you can compute a new mask file defined by an OR operation of the individual masks; this is the option used in CONN in the case of implicit subject-specific masks). Also note that if, instead, you prefer to only include those voxels in the intersection of all subject-specific masks, you may simply compute a new mask file defined by an AND operation of the individual masks, and in this case there is no need to pre-multiply your functional data by the individual masks (since all analyzed voxels will in this case be already inside the mask of valid voxels for every subject)

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Alain Imaging:
Hi everybody,

For my analysis I would like to use an explicit mask (i.e. an image), but one that is specific for each subject (it is a mask that has been calculated excluding the voxels with unreliable signal).
I see that in the CONN option one can chose to use an explicit mask, groupwise, or using a single subject mask, that is an implicit one (I guess in a similar fashion that the same option in SPM).
Is there a way to use a subject specific explicit mask ?

Thank in advance for any help

Alain

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Alain Imaging May 27, 2016
RE: subjects specific exclusion masks
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon May 28, 2016