help > RE: Error when running voxel-to-voxel analyses
Jun 30, 2016  12:06 PM | Antonie Arnoldussen - Center for Integrative Psychiatry, Lübeck, Germany
RE: Error when running voxel-to-voxel analyses
Hi Alfonso,
thank you very much for your help, it is working now!
Best
Antonie

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Antonie,

Sorry the suggested modification does not quite work, please try the attached patch instead (this patch is for release 16b, simply copy this file to the conn distribution folder overwriting the file with the same name there). This patch will limit the analysis folder names to be below 64 characters (when exceeding 64 characters it will crop them and use a unique number sequence to avoid conflicts with other similarly cropped analysis folders). 

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Hi Antonie,

Sorry about that. Yes, I believe this is a somewhat known issue on some Windows machines where the filesystem limits the maximum number of characters that can be used as folder names. Could you please try the following: edit the file named "conn_resultsfolder.m" in your conn distribution folder. There you will find two different lines that read something like:

%newfoldername=char('0'+mod(.......

Uncommenting those two lines (deleting the % character at the beginning of those lines and saving the modified file) will use instead shorter but cryptic folder names, which should allow you to run those analyses with arbitrarily large number of measures.

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by Antonie Arnoldussen:
Hi Alfonso,
thank you very much for your reply! I really appreciate it.
I updated CONN to version 16b and first level voxel to voxel analysis seems to be working, but in second level analysis, I still receive the following error:

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Error using mat2file
Can't open file for writing:
 D:\conn_CBASP\results\secondlevel\VoxeltoVoxel\Patients_pre_post(1_0).Controls_pre_post(0_1)\pre(-1).post(1)\group-MVPA_2_1_20_64_1(1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0).2(0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0).3(0_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0).4(0_0_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0).5(0_0_0_0_1_0_0_0_0_0).6(0_0_0_0_0_1_0_0_0_0).7(0_0_0_0_0_0_1_0_0_0).8(0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1_0_0).9(0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1_0).10(0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_1\CON_Subject001_compA001_001.nii
Check for write permission or whether the directory exists.

Error in file_array/subsasgn>subfun (line 164)
 mat2file(sobj,dat,va{:});
Error in file_array/subsasgn (line 85)
 subfun(sobj,double(dat),args{:});
Error in spm_write_plane (line 31)
V.private.dat = subsasgn(V.private.dat,S,dat);
Error in spm_write_vol (line 84)
V = spm_write_plane(V,Y,':');
Error in conn_process (line 3732)
 spm_write_vol(a,b);
Error in conn_process (line 46)
 case 'results_voxel', [varargout{1:nargout}]=conn_process(16,varargin{:});
Error in conn (line 6028)
 conn_process('results_voxel','readsingle','voxel-to-voxel');
Error in conn_menumanager (line 119)
 feval(CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{1},CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{2:end});

Interestingly, the analysis is performed without any error when I select up to 6 MVPA-components. However, because of the large sample size (n=128 for baseline and n=93 for pre/post analysis) I would like to include 20 components. Is this possible?

Best
Antonie

Hi Antonie,

Sorry for the late reply. Updating to the latest release (currently 16b) should fix this issue. Please let me know otherwise
Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Antonie Arnoldussen:
Hi everyone,
I am trying to run voxel-to-voxel analyses in conn and keep receiving an error message (see attached screen shot). Do you know what leads to this error message and how I can fix it?
When I try to start second level analyses despite the error message, conn seems not to be able to access the results directory. When opening the results folder via Windows Explorer, I noticed that the MVPA-folder can not be opened. Also its name appears to be very long... 
Please let me know if you need any further information about the analyses I was trying to run.
Thanks a lot!
Best
Antonie

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Antonie Arnoldussen May 24, 2016
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jun 23, 2016
Antonie Arnoldussen Jun 28, 2016
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jun 28, 2016
gol mi Feb 27, 2017
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jun 29, 2016
RE: Error when running voxel-to-voxel analyses