help > RE: .mat file to vaa3D format and rendering
Jan 17, 2017  11:01 PM | Hamid Hasani
RE: .mat file to vaa3D format and rendering
I have built vaa3d before and libtiff.lib has been generated. I changed the makeosmex_rawfile_io.m to link to the this lib file. The modified file has been attached. Right now, I am getting the following error:

">> makeosmex_rawfile_io
Building with 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010'.
Error using mex
loadRaw2Stack_c.cpp
C:\Users\ysung\v3d_external\matlab_io_basicdatatype\loadRaw2Stack_c.cpp(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'strings.h': No such file or directory"

I found this header file in "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2015b\polyspace\verifier\cxx\include\include-libc" path and added the path to both system path and matlab path. It didnot work, though. 
I also built loadRaw2Stack_c.cpp file in VS2010 *64 successfully. 
Could you let me know your opinion about that?

Thanks,
Originally posted by Hanchuan Peng:
The v3dtiff is s slightly changed tiff library for reading lsm file. So that you can either build vaa3d program from source code first and then such a file will be automatically generated and show up in the v3d_main/common_lib folder (indeed a subfolder there depending on your OS), or you can first build a standard tiff library and just make a copy and rename it as v3dtiff (of course you need to add appropriate suffix for the library file depending on your OS).

Or, you can change the makeosmex_rawfile_io.m to link to the standard tiff instead of v3dtiff.

Originally posted by Hamid Hasani:
Dear Hanchuan,

Thank you so much for your response. I read all instructions and I tried to generate mex function for my machine (win server r2 2012, VS2010 *64,Matlab 2015b), but I got into the below error:

">> makeosmex_rawfile_io
Error using mex
MEX cannot find library 'v3dtiff' specified with the -l option.
MEX looks for a file with one of the names:
v3dtiff.lib
libv3dtiff.lib
Please specify the path to this library with the -L option.

Error in makeosmex_rawfile_io (line 9)
mex loadRaw2Stack_c.cpp mg_image_lib.cpp mg_utilities.cpp -L../v3d_main/common_lib/lib -lv3dtiff"

I also build vaa3d on windows and my matlab is using 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (C)' as a compiler for mex. 
I would appreciate if you let me know how can I fix my problem?
Thanks, 

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Hamid Hasani Dec 6, 2016
Hanchuan Peng Dec 8, 2016
Hamid Hasani Jan 17, 2017
Hanchuan Peng Jan 17, 2017
RE: .mat file to vaa3D format and rendering
Hamid Hasani Jan 17, 2017
Hamid Hasani Jan 18, 2017
Hamid Hasani Jan 18, 2017
Hanchuan Peng Jan 18, 2017