help > RE: non-square adj. matrices
Mar 27, 2017  11:03 PM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: non-square adj. matrices
Hi Toni,

If you are only interested in testing the elements of a 1 x 89 matrix, you simply fill all the other entries of an 89 x 89 matrix with zeros, except for the first column and first row. Note that matrix elements that are zero for every subject are completely ignored by the software.

For example, suppose you are interested in an 1 x 3 matrix of with the values [ 1 2 3 ], then you would embed this as follows:

[0 1 2 3
 1 0 0 0
 2 0 0 0
 3 0 0 0]

In other words, just set to zero all the connections that you want to exclude from statistical testing a priori.

Andrew

Originally posted by Toni Abe:
Hello,

First of all, that you very much Andrew for this contribution and for making this public.

What I am trying to do is test the edges between one (or a few ROIs) and all other ROIs in the brain/my atlas (e.g. test edges between 1 ROI and all others: 90-1=89 in the case of AAL). To do that, I figured my adjacency matrix will have to include only entries that are relevant to that (in the case of my example, a 1x89 matrix), and so I was wondering if NBS is able to handle non-square matrices?

Thank you.

Toni

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Toni Abe Mar 27, 2017
RE: non-square adj. matrices
Andrew Zalesky Mar 27, 2017