[Camino-users] subsetpoints output

Grussu, Francesco francesco.grussu.12 at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 11:34:30 PDT 2013

Dear Camino team,
I am currently trying to select a subset of 30 directions from a set of 60 directions. I would like to get the combination of 30 out of 60 directions which is the most uniform possible. Therefore,  I adopted the command subsetpoints.

My code, which I run on the input file inputDirs.bvec (a text file with 60 rows, 3 colums, one row per direction)  is something like

cat inputDirs.bvec | subsetpoints -singlesubset 30 -savestate myCurrentState > outputdirs.bvec

and after  ~ 5hours of processing, it returns the output outputdirs.bvec and a second file called orderedPoints.dat .

For what I understood from the guide, I think that both first 30 rows of orderedPoints.dat  and rows from the 2nd to 31st of outputdirs.bvec are the subset of directions I am looking for. Can you confirm this?

Overall, first 30 rows of orderedPoints.dat  and rows from the 2nd to 31st of outputdirs.bvec are the same points but ordered differently. What's the difference between the two orders?

Thanks a lot for helping me out,
all the best

Francesco