[Camino-users] snr estimation strategies

Philip A Cook cookpa at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 29 12:21:36 PDT 2013

It's a good question. When you look at the wdt-SNR, is that using the estimated ln(S0) signal output by wdtfit? I would expect that to have a different variance because it's an average value, estimated from the weighted LLS fit to all the DWI data. The difference in GM might come from the fact that on average, the DWIs will have a higher weight compared to the b0 measurements, whereas in WM many of the measurements will have low signal and hence low weight.

I think your intuition is correct, the variance of the actual measurements is the quantity that you'd need for deconvolution.