[Camino-users] what is the permeability definition

Hall, Matt matt.hall at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 02:21:03 PST 2016

Hi Stephania,

It's the probability that a particle will step through a barrier rather than be reflected by it. It is not normalised by time, it's defined per event. All units in camino are SI, so simulation time is measured in seconds. The relevant timescale for reflection events is the duration of a simulation update, which is the duration of the simulation (this is reported to the commandline if you're using a schemefile, or specified directly if using a trajfile) divided by tmax - the number of updates.

Hope this helps,
Matt.