[Camino-users] The error when installing camino in Ubuntu 18.04

mirabelle j.y.mirabelle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:05:06 PST 2019

Hi everyone,
I'm new in Camino.  I want to  install camino in Ubuntu 18.04,but errors always occurr when installing Camino.
First,I install JDK 11.0.1successfully. The environment configuration is as following:
sudo gedit ~/.bashrc
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/share/jdk-11.0.1
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Type the following text in my terminal window: java -version
Then, display:

java version "11.0.1" 2018-10-16 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13-LTS)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.1+13-LTS, mixed mode)

Type the following text in my terminal window: javac -version
Then, display: javac 11.0.1

subsequently,download camino-code.zip
unzip camino-code.zip
mv camino-code camino

cd camino
make

However,when running the 'make'code, the error always occurr as following:

javac -J-Xmx500M -classpath . apps/AddNoise.java
make: javac: Command not found
Makefile:20: recipe for target 'apps/AddNoise.class' failed
make: *** [apps/AddNoise.class] Error 127

I did not know why these are errors. Can someone help me?  Thanks very much.

best,
mirabelle