[Camino-users] [External] Track Images Not Aligned

Cook, Philip cookpa at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 5 20:36:27 EDT 2021

Hi,

I have not looked at the code in a long time, but I don't think you need `-header` at all in this case. You just need the bedpost input dir (which contains NIFTI files) and the seed file (which is also NIFTI).

The seed file should be aligned in physical space with the bedpostx data. If you load one of the 3D bedpost images (eg, mean_f50samples.nii.gz) and overlay the seed image wm_interpolated.nii.gz, they should be aligned. You can do this in fsleyes or ITK-SNAP.

Regarding the density of the streamlines, aligning the seed regions to the data correctly will likely help. -iterations will start more processes from each voxel center but it might not match what MRtrix or other software does. There's just a bunch of implementation choices that can affect results, and that's before you even get into the underlying model fits that provide the vector field for the tracking.