[Mrtrix-discussion] best parameter with a long-time scan?

romain quentin rom.quentin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:19:27 PDT 2012

Dear experts,
I'm using CSD from mrtrix with a diffusion sequence with b = 1500, 32 channels coil, 60 directions and isotropic 1.7mm voxels. This sequence takes about 15 minutes.
I want to acquire a better diffusion sequence with more scanning time (around 1 hour). I think to use b value = 3000 but i'm not sure about the voxel size and numbers of directions.
Do you think it's better to do 4 x 60 directions, 2 x 120 or around 200 directions of diffusions?
And I know that reduces the voxel size is risky for the SNR but do you think that I can keep a 1.7 isotropic regard to the time scanning (1 hour)?
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,

Romain QUENTIN
rom.quentin at gmail.com