[Mrtrix-discussion] tck file format

dti mic micdtiserver at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:34:31 PDT 2012

Dear mrtrix,

I run streamtrack on one data using DT_STEAM, SD_STREAM and SD_PROB options
respectively. All 3 results look well (in accordance with anatomical
knowledge). However, I have some questions about the format of the 3 output
tck files.

I tried to load these 3 tck files into matlab, using fread('float32').

For the DT_STREAM one, the loading data looks fine, all positive value
separated by NaN triplets (corresponding to coordinates along the tracks I
assume?).

But in the SD_STREAM and SD_PROB tck files, fread('float32') return a lot
of negative values ( I thought they all should be positive?), separated by
non-NaN but extremely small numbers.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong here? Or there is some
different setting in tck file format from different tractography options?

All I tried to get is the coordinates along the tracks from tractography,
like what I saw from DT_STREAM.

Many thanks in advance!

P.S.: Regarding to my previous issue with mrconvert fail in CentOS VBox, I
have figured it out that it is due to some wired reasons: If the target
file is located in my CentOS system hard drive (virtual), then the
mrconvert works fine. However, if I put the target file in the shared
folder (shared from my iMac), the command will fail. And it is not just
mrconvert, but any other commands that call the mmap. I guess it has
something to do with my VBox or my iMac. But anyway, it is not a problem
for now.

micdtiserver