[Mrtrix-discussion] Installation on Mac OS Yosemite ver 10.10.1

J-Donald Tournier jdtournier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:07:00 PST 2014

Hi Helen,

Really good to hear that MRtrix3 works on Yosemite - it's the first report
I've heard about it. And sorry about the lack of ROI editing on MRtrix3,
I'm working on this, hopefully I'll have something ready within the next
few weeks.

Regarding your MRtrix 0.2 install, it sounds like the issue might that your
GSL libraries have ended up somewhere unexpected. If you can figure out
where the GSL headers got installed (most likely something like
/usr/local/Cellar/gsl/include, given the paths listed on that
command-line), then you can add them in by modifying the sysconf/darwin.py
file, like this:

41 cpp_flags_gsl = [ '-I/usr/local/Cellar/gsl/include' ]
42 # uncomment this line for default GSL BLAS implementation, or the next
line for the optimised ATLAS libraries (recommended for performance):
43 ld_flags_gsl = [ '-L/usr/local/Cellar/gsl/lib', '-lgsl', '-lgslcblas' ]

Note that line 43 modification assumes the GSL libraries themselves
(libgsl.so, libgslcblas.so) are installed in that location. You might want
to check that if it fails later at the linking stage.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,

Donald.

--
*Dr J-Donald Tournier (PhD)*

*Senior Lecturer, **Biomedical Engineering*

*Division of Imaging Sciences & Biomedical EngineeringKing's College London*