[Mrtrix-discussion] DWI Data with 35 directions and b=1000

J-Donald Tournier jdtournier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:24:35 PST 2014

Hi Linden,

For tckgen, we've made sure the defaults work more or less out of the box,
and wouldn't generally recommend changing these unless you have good
reasons for it. What is more important is to ensure that the FODs that you
provide to tckgen are robust. So the parameters you need to worry about are
those to dwi2response and dwi2fod. Again, unless your data are more exotic
than the upfront parameters suggest, I wouldn't change the defaults for
those either. The main issue I'd be worried about there is a suboptimal
distribution of directions, making the higher harmonic orders unstable, or
the presence of repeat directions, which would basically cause the same
problem. But assuming there's no issues with the data (other than its
b-value & number of directions), it should work fine...

Now, if you've already tried running these commands with default
parameters, and the results are no good, then sure, you'd need to figure
out why and see what can be done about it. But we'd need more information
if you want us to help you out...

Cheers,
Donald

--
Dr J-Donald Tournier (PhD)

Senior Lecturer, Biomedical Engineering
Division of Imaging Sciences & Biomedical Engineering
King's College London