help > Exporting CONN 3D model with blobs e.g. to make a GIF
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 19, 2019  01:03 PM | lysander - University of Cambridge
Exporting CONN 3D model with blobs e.g. to make a GIF
Dear Alfonso and others, 

First of all, thank you very much for the great tool that CONN is - so intuitive and versatile!

Among the functions I appreciate a lot about the latest versions, is the 3D rendering that is possible. Now, with the way that we publish continuously changing, I was wondering whether there is a way to extract the 3D model, with semi-transparent surfaces, my regions of FC and my ROI on it from the viewer or directly from MATLAB? In an ideal case, I would like to make a rotatable 3D rendering for use outside of CONN - be that in an actual viewer or just to make a GIF of it. 

Any help or hints from all of you are much appreciated.
All the best,
Lys
May 7, 2019  02:05 PM | lysander - University of Cambridge
RE: Exporting CONN 3D model with blobs e.g. to make a GIF
Any chance that there is an idea on this matter? Obviously, one can export the blobs as masks and just use them on alternative rendering softwares - but my acute thought was to try and extract a full 3D model from CONN, for the purposes of being able to show a rotating figure. 
Thanks a lot,Lys
Aug 4, 2019  02:08 PM | George Carpenter
Unfortunately, the CONN does not allow to extract a 3d model. MATLAB however has a feature to rotate the view ("rotate3d" function) or rotate the object ("rotate"), but I couldn't find the way of being able to rotate a 3D image and save it for my presentation. So I have to use Solidworks for my that purpose (we are working with Geomagic Freeform and have licences for both softwares). If you haven't SW licence you can check free trial version. MATLAB has several tools that allows you to export 3D models to Solidworks. First of all CADLab is a MATLAB based toolbox that enables a "live connection" between MATLAB and SW. Also you can try Simmechanics Link Software for MATLAB. I hope this helps.
Aug 7, 2019  09:08 PM | Stephen L. - Coma Science Group, GIGA-Consciousness, Hospital & University of Liege
Another alternative is to rotate manually the 3D view while recording using a 3D recording software like Bandicam in High FPS (60 FPS) setting. However, you will need a dedicated GPU discrete card, otherwise CONN visualization is extremely slow when it's relying only on CPU.