sdm-help-list > Incorrect Template Labelling?
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 21, 2019  02:03 PM | tiffanyk
Incorrect Template Labelling?
Hi SDM creators,

I believe I may have encountered an error in the labelling for some MNI coordinates that my meta-analysis gave me. The following coordinates were all labelled as corpus callosum (they are local peaks in an 800 voxel SFG cluster), but are actually located in the white matter of the SFG:

12, 58, 6
-14, 60, 12
-20, 58, 8
14, 58, 12

Thanks,
Tiffany
Jun 25, 2019  02:06 PM | Joaquim Radua
RE: Incorrect Template Labelling?
Dear tiffanyk

apologies for the late reply. I am sorry to hear this, can you send us more information by email?

With the best wishes,
Jun 25, 2019  03:06 PM | Mónica Franco Emch - Pompeu Fabra University
Hi!

I had the same problem one year ago. I used another atlas (AAL atlas for 116 regions), because the one provided in the software has a way too big corpus callosum labelled. This led to labelling problems: a lot of times the different coordinates were labelled as corpus callosum.

Cheers,
Jun 26, 2019  07:06 AM | Nora Penzel - UKK
Hi Mónica, 

I have encountered the same problem. For the peak coordinates of course it is clear how to use a different labelling atlas with the MNI coordinates. But how did you use another atlas for the breakdown regions? Did you have a solution for that as well? Thank you and best,
Nora
Aug 5, 2019  12:08 PM | Joaquim Radua
Dear all,

SDM reports the gray or white matter labels according to several sources (AAL and the atlas by Marco Catani group - see refs below).

Of course, these labels may be different in other atlases, and we only provide them to help identify the regions in each cluster. You can use other atlases if you feel that they are more adequate for your data, or use your neuroanatomical knowledge rather than an atlas.

With the best wishes,

Joaquim

Refs:
Thiebaut de Schotten M, Dell'Acqua F, Forkel SJ, Simmons A, Vergani F, Murphy DG and Catani M. A lateralized brain network for visuospatial attention. Nat Neurosci 2011; 14:1245-1246.
Thiebaut de Schotten M, Ffytche DH, Bizzi A, Dell'Acqua F, Allin M, Walshe M, Murray R, Williams SC, Murphy DG and Catani M. Atlasing location, asymmetry and inter-subject variability of white matter tracts in the human brain with MR diffusion tractography. Neuroimage 2011; 54:49-59.