user-forum > Requests for new anatomical regions
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 15, 2019  11:05 AM | Eszter Agnes Papp
Requests for new anatomical regions
Please use this thread to suggest new anatomical regions you would like to be included in a future version of the atlas.

You may also suggest an anatomist that could assist with the delineation of that particular region, or offer your help adding a region. In fact, that would make us really happy :)
Jun 3, 2019  07:06 PM | pperin
RE: Requests for new anatomical regions
hi
I just read your beautiful paper on the rat auditory system, and it mentions that the new segmentation will be present in v3 atlas. When will v3 be available? I am currently segmenting several structures in the rat cochlear nuclei from iDISCO data, and it would be very useful for registration :)
Jun 9, 2019  04:06 PM | Eszter Agnes Papp
Glad you like our recent paper:) For the version 3 segmentations, please see Downloads:
https://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=1081

The files you are looking for are under Package: Atlas
  • WHS_SD_rat_atlas_v3.nii.gz
  • WHS_SD_rat_atlas_v3.label
Oct 7, 2019  05:10 PM | Armin Tavakkoli
Hi,

Thank you so much for taking on the task of delineating a rat atlas. It has been invaluable to our research. 

I have a request: we really need the retrosplenial cortex and to a lesser urgency the amygdala and the ventral/dorsal hippocampus delineated. Is there a chance we can help you do this?

Thank you.
Oct 8, 2019  08:10 AM | Heidi Kleven
It is great to hear that the rat brain atlas has been a valuable resource.

Regarding delineation of anatomical regions, if you wish to help delineate the retrosplenial cortex, amygdala and ventral/dorsal hippocampus, please contact the corresponding author on Osen et al. 2019.

Trygve B. Leergaard
Corresponding author.
t.b.leergaard@medisin.uio.no
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Mar 14, 2024  01:03 PM | Michal Turovets

Hello,
I just read your paper on the Waxholm Space atlas of the rat brain, and it mentions that the new segmentation present in the v4 atlas will not include subdivisions for the hypothalamus and amygdala. I am currently segmenting several structures in the rat hypothalamus, in particular the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN), the supraoptic nucleus (SON), and the Ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus (VMH) from whole brain slices, and it would be very useful for registration :)
Thank you so much for taking on the task of delineating a rat atlas. It has been invaluable to our research.