sdm-help-list > Cannot find neighbors indexes file to execute FWE correction
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 25, 2019  02:05 AM | Julia Linke
Cannot find neighbors indexes file to execute FWE correction
Hello,
I am trying to run the FWE correction during my TBSS meta-analysis but receive the following error message:

_________________________________________________________ Launching FWE correction...
Launched: sdm perm NoCov,1000,6
Error while loading neighbors indexes file

All the other modules run fine.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!
Julia
Jun 25, 2019  02:06 PM | Joaquim Radua
RE: Cannot find neighbors indexes file to execute FWE correction
(just to note that this bug has been solved and we will upload the corrected version promptly)
Aug 13, 2019  01:08 AM | Sarah Hellewell
Originally posted by Joaquim Radua:
(just to note that this bug has been solved and we will upload the corrected version promptly)
Dear Joaquim,

We are having the same error message "error while loading neighbours indexes file" when executing FWE corrections. Running version 6.11 on Linux.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated!

Sarah

Aug 27, 2019  03:08 PM | Joaquim Radua
Dear Sarah,

I am sorry to hear that. We have just uploeaded a new version that should solve most bugs of the first version of SDM-PSI. Could you check whether the error also appears with version 6.12?

With the vest wishes,

Joaquim
Aug 29, 2019  01:08 AM | Sarah Hellewell
Dear Joaquim,

We have downloaded 6.12 but still have the same error message when running FWE "Error while loading neighbours indexes file".

Any ideas on what else we could try?

Kind regards,
Sarah
Sep 10, 2019  11:09 PM | Sarah Hellewell
Originally posted by Sarah Hellewell:
Dear Joaquim,

We have downloaded 6.12 but still have the same error message when running FWE "Error while loading neighbours indexes file".

Any ideas on what else we could try?

Kind regards,
Sarah

Dear Joaquim,

Still no luck with 6.12, but we had a older version installed on another machine - version 5.14.1 - this worked well.
Mar 26, 2020  03:03 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi all,

I am having a similar issue. See execution log below. 

Home dir C:\Users\bjgun\sdm.conf
Loading conf from sdmpsi_params.xml...
Executing Perm for MyTestt with vars ,,, and hyp[1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000]
9 studies included
WARNING: Using 4 threads while 4 concurrent threads are available on this hardware. Performance may be affected. Please consider reducing the number of threads to be used.
No previous fwe file at D:\META_ANALYSIS\THC_analysis\Neg_analysis_anatomical2/analysis_MyTestt/fwe/maxsMinsZ.asc. Computing all requested perms
aRecreating studies
file D:\SdmPsiGui-win64-v6.21\bin\windows64\..\..\/share/indexes_roiii_2mm.bin

Any comments/ suggestions would be useful.

Best wishes,
Brandon
Mar 30, 2020  07:03 AM | Anton Albajes-Eizagirre - FIDMAG - Germanes Hospitalaries
Hi Brandon,

What mask are you using? From the log it seems that you are using a custom made mask (roii)? Is this is the case, the you need to create the neighbors indexes file. I'm afraid that the utility to create such custom indexes file has not yet been published. If this is indees your case, please write us (antonae@gmail.com) and we'll try to find a way to provide you such file.

Best,

Anton
Originally posted by Brandon Gunasekera:
Hi all,

Executing Perm for MyTestt with vars ,,, and hyp[1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000]
9 studies included
WARNING: Using 4 threads while 4 concurrent threads are available on this hardware. Performance may be affected. Please consider reducing the number of threads to be used.
No previous fwe file at D:\META_ANALYSIS\THC_analysis\Neg_analysis_anatomical2/analysis_MyTestt/fwe/maxsMinsZ.asc. Computing all requested perms
aRecreating studies

Best wishes,
Brandon
Mar 30, 2020  09:03 AM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Anton,

Many thanks for this.

Yes I am using a custom mask.

Without a neighbour indexes file, are the unthresholded results still valid? There is no error sign when calculating the mean and then thresholding, so I would assume that they are? The only issue is when FWE correcting.

Best wishes,
Brandon 

Originally posted by Anton Albajes-Eizagirre:
Hi Brandon,

What mask are you using? From the log it seems that you are using a custom made mask (roii)? Is this is the case, the you need to create the neighbors indexes file. I'm afraid that the utility to create such custom indexes file has not yet been published. If this is indees your case, please write us (antonae@gmail.com) and we'll try to find a way to provide you such file.

Best,

Anton
Hi all,

9 studies included
aRecreating studies

Best wishes,
Brandon
Mar 31, 2020  07:03 AM | Anton Albajes-Eizagirre - FIDMAG - Germanes Hospitalaries
Hi Brandon,

Unthresholded mean maps, and uncorrected p-values maps are valid without the FWE correction. The indexes files are solely used during the FWE correction in order to speed up the long FWE correction computation.

Nonetheless, I suggest you to perform the FWE correction, as p results would be much more accurate (this is, indeed, one of the strong features of the new method). If you send us the mask file we can generate the corresponding indexes file.

Best,

Anton

Hi Anton,

Many thanks for this.

Yes I am using a custom mask.

Without a neighbour indexes file, are the unthresholded results still valid? There is no error sign when calculating the mean and then thresholding, so I would assume that they are? The only issue is when FWE correcting.

Best wishes,
Brandon 

Originally posted by Anton Albajes-Eizagirre:
Hi Brandon,

Best,

Anton
Hi all,

9 studies included
aRecreating studies

Best wishes,
Brandon
Aug 8, 2021  08:08 PM | Zhaoying Yu
Hi,

I'm having the same error message today with FWE correction (execution log below). I'm using SDM version 6.21 on MacOS system. This hasn't appeared yesterday when I was also running another FWE correction. Has anyone had a solution for this? Any input would be much appreciated.

Execution Log
Home dir /Users/lilian/.libsdm/sdm.conf
Executing Perm for MyTest with vars ,,, and hyp[1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000]
16 studies included
Using 2 threads
No previous fwe file at /Users/lilian/Desktop/Dissertation/Analysis/Child/SevChildGM/analysis_MyTest/fwe/maxsMinsZ.asc. Computing all requested perms
aRecreating studies
file /private/var/folders/f4/ylpg8sls319g5z77h6twnzwh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/3B15B397-735C-4623-BC3C-FF16810E3806/d/SdmPsiGui.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/bin/osx/../..//share/indexes_cerebrospinal_fluid_2mm.bin

Many thanks,
Zhaoying Yu