open-discussion > monetary incentive delay task analysis
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 20, 2019  12:06 PM | fateme b
monetary incentive delay task analysis
Hi
I am trying to analysis Monetary Incentive Delay (MID) task data using SPM12 but i didn't found any activation.
The task is like this:
There is three kind of cue: reward cue, loss cue, and non-incentive cue for 1.5 second.an anticipation for 2-2.5 second , then we have a square target for 1 second that subject should press a button and then 3 second feedback. Inter trial interval is 4-4.5 second. Each trial is 12 second. I have 20 win trial, 20 loss and 20 no incentive trial.
I put 30 second rest after each 20 trial:
20 trial (4 min) –30 second rest-20 trial- 30 second rest-20 trial.
I don't know what's wrong that I didn't get any activation? How should I define onset and duration timing? I've define it this two way:
1-using onset of cue and target as onset of event and duration of target and cue as duration of event.
2- Using onset of anticipation and feedback phase as onset of events and duration of anticipation and feedback as event duration.
I define contrast as classic MID task like anticipation win vs anticipation no incentive. but i didn't get any result from single subject analysis.
I would appreciate if you could help me with this.
Jul 5, 2019  03:07 PM | Isabel Tissieres
RE: monetary incentive delay task analysis
Hi,

I guess that the duration of your events is too short. For an event-related design you should put a minimum of 2 secs. I use the exact same task and I have decided to put 2 secs for each event (cue, target, feedback etc) and the onset as you did. And it works fine. I get all the activations I was expecting.

Best,

Isabel
Jul 6, 2019  05:07 PM | fateme b
RE: monetary incentive delay task analysis
Originally posted by Isabel Tissieres:
Hi,

I guess that the duration of your events is too short. For an event-related design you should put a minimum of 2 secs. I use the exact same task and I have decided to put 2 secs for each event (cue, target, feedback etc) and the onset as you did. And it works fine. I get all the activations I was expecting.

Best,

Isabel
Hi
Thanks for your response.
The anticipation phase is 2-2.5 second and feedback phase is 3 second that is more than 2 second. Did you mean that the cue and target duration should also be more than 2 second?
Thanks

Fateme