help > How to generate functional connectivity matrices after first-level analysis?
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 1, 2019  10:07 AM | Krishn Bera
How to generate functional connectivity matrices after first-level analysis?
Hi all,

I have a single subject data(T1w and rs-fMRI BOLD). I am wanting to generate functional connecitivty matrix after preprocessing the raw fMRI. I already used CONN toolbox to do the entire preprocessing. I have now completed the first-level analysis as well. 

Since I am wanting to calculate FC matrix, I have computed ROI-to-ROI connectivty during first-level analysis. I belieive this is the correct way forward. I am having the output file named "resultsROI_Subject###_Condition###.mat". Can someone please show me how to compute FC matrix values using this file.
Jul 2, 2019  12:07 AM | Stephen L. - Coma Science Group, GIGA-Consciousness, Hospital & University of Liege
RE: How to generate functional connectivity matrices after first-level analysis?
Dear Krishn,

I believe these links should help you (in inverse chronological order, the top one is the latest and probably most up-to-date info):

* https://www.nitrc.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=7219&forum_id=1144
* https://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=15500
* https://www.nitrc.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=4236&forum_id=1144

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Stephen
Jul 2, 2019  07:07 AM | Krishn Bera
RE: How to generate functional connectivity matrices after first-level analysis?
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your help. Let me know if I get this correct:

I am extracting 'Z' values from "resultsROI_Subject###_Condition###.mat". I am then calculating correlation coefficients of Z using MATLAB 'corrcoef' function. So the resultant matrix that I get after doing this MATLAB operation, is it the FC matrix that I want?
Jul 2, 2019  09:07 AM | Stephen L. - Coma Science Group, GIGA-Consciousness, Hospital & University of Liege
RE: How to generate functionalconnectivity matrices after first-level analysis?
> Dear Krishn,
>
Unfortunately i did not try these instructions by myself yet so i cannot
give you any additional indication than the ones provided in these posts.

Jul 2, 2019  12:07 PM | Pravesh Parekh - National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
Hi Krishn,

The Z value is the Fisher transformed correlation coefficient of that subject for that condition from each source to each target (names contains the sources and names2 contains the targets). So, you do not need to calculate correlation coefficients yourself. If you want the raw correlation coefficients, you can use tanh of the Z scores. Note that depending on the choice of source/targets, you might have to reshape/subset the Z matrix for each subject.

Hope this helps

Best
Pravesh

Originally posted by Stephen L.:
> Dear Krishn,
>
Unfortunately i did not try these instructions by myself yet so i cannot
give you any additional indication than the ones provided in these posts.

Jul 4, 2019  04:07 AM | Krishn Bera
Thanks Pravesh, that was helpful.