help > issues when generate mask from a swc file
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 24, 2019  12:07 PM | XiaoWei Ran
issues when generate mask from a swc file
Hi!
I encounter a problem when I try to generate a mask from a swc file with Vaa3d.
I use the data in BigNeuron. Swc file for some cases  in the dataset can't be processed with the sphere model and when I use the cylinder model to deal with these cases, I find that the size of the mask generated is not as same as the original image. I want to know What I can do to match these original images and masks?

Thanks!
Aug 5, 2019  03:08 AM | wp kenan
RE: issues when generate mask from a swc file
"I find that the size of the mask generated is not as same as the original image" Do you mean that the file memory size is different, or is the image size different?
Aug 5, 2019  03:08 AM | wp kenan
or the shape?
Aug 6, 2019  10:08 AM | XiaoWei Ran
It's the shape of the generated mask can't match the shape of the original image when use cylinder model.
Aug 6, 2019  11:08 AM | XiaoWei Ran
And these cases will lead to crashing when I use sphere model.
Aug 7, 2019  01:08 AM | wp kenan
sphere model has not released
Aug 7, 2019  01:08 AM | wp kenan
Because when making the mask, the minimum value of the signal coordinates x, y, and z generated by the mask is aligned with the edge of the swc, so you will see that the signal position is different and the block size is different, but the signal size is the same.
If you look closely, you should find that the size of the mask and your swc are the same, but the size of the cube is different.
Sep 2, 2019  06:09 PM | wqx15
I will reset the scale of swc files. It might because the scale in your original picure(.tiff) and your swc file are not same.

open the neutube software-----tools----swc------edit swc-----resize-----input the scale you want to resize