help > How to transfer the swc file into swcx file
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 2, 2019  06:09 PM | wqx15
How to transfer the swc file into swcx file
I want to generate the swcx file and display them into Vaa3D vivid. I want to get the coordination of neuron elongation, retraction and so on. 

Firstly, I got the swc files in every time points. Second, I substract 2rd swc files from 1st swc file. And so on. For example, I have 10 time points. So I got 9 substracted files. Then I want to get the swcx files which can show the changes during 10 time points. What should I do next? 

Here is the article in attachment that shows the Time-lapse neuronal reconstruction process. But I couldn't find the solution about transferring swc file into swcx.

Thank you for your attention!
Mar 16, 2020  07:03 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: How to transfer the swc file into swcx file
Hi, that is a good question. in Vaa3D we do not build an automatic way to switch surface objects between different time points (thus switch between your individual swc files, or in swcx file you mentioned), however, you should be able to do that by using the "push" function in the vaa3d plugin interface which allows you to update the surface objects smoothly at any time you like.

Hopes this helps.

-Hanchuan

Originally posted by wqx15:
I want to generate the swcx file and display them into Vaa3D vivid. I want to get the coordination of neuron elongation, retraction and so on. 

Firstly, I got the swc files in every time points. Second, I substract 2rd swc files from 1st swc file. And so on. For example, I have 10 time points. So I got 9 substracted files. Then I want to get the swcx files which can show the changes during 10 time points. What should I do next? 

Here is the article in attachment that shows the Time-lapse neuronal reconstruction process. But I couldn't find the solution about transferring swc file into swcx.

Thank you for your attention!