help > Python scripting on Windows - configuration issues
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 11, 2019  09:09 PM | Lars Kasper - Translational Neuromodeling Unit, IBT, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
Python scripting on Windows - configuration issues
Dear Chris,

this must be a really trivial thing, but I couldn't find an answer browsing the wiki, forum and google.

I've been using Pascal Scripting before (does it still work?), but it seems the template scripts in the latest 1.2.20190902 release for Windows are all in Python, and I thought I would give it a go. However when trying to execute, it prompts

Unable to find PyLib (install Python or edit preferences)

and in the command window

Unable to find Python library [place Python .dll and .zip in Script folder]

Now, I am a newbie to Python as well, but installed Anaconda on Windows 10 and managed to pip install pylib. It is not clear to me, however, which .dll and .zip files I should put exactly in the [S/s]cript sub-folder of MRIcroGL.

Thank you so much for your help,
Lars
Sep 12, 2019  02:09 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Python scripting on Windows - configuration issues
Lars-
  You are correct. Python is typically installed on Linux and MacOS, but not on Windows. I forgot to bundle Python with the latest Windows download. I have updated the file, so if you download again the scripting should work again.
Sep 12, 2019  06:09 PM | Lars Kasper - Translational Neuromodeling Unit, IBT, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
RE: Python scripting on Windows - configuration issues
Dear Chris,

thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply. Works like a charm now after downloading the updated version!

All the best,
Lars