help > Soma segmentation from SWC file format
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 23, 2019  07:10 AM | Taywon Shin
Soma segmentation from SWC file format
Hello,

First, I really appreciate for this great software! it is very useful for my research. Meanwhile, I was wondering if there anyway I could manually segment soma from the result of neuronal tracing algorithm. In particular, I want to make big circle sphere, in the middle of soma, and annotate it as 'soma.' Just like Allen Institute brain atlas (attached png file for example). Thank you so much!
Attachment: allen.PNG
Dec 3, 2019  06:12 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Soma segmentation from SWC file format
Taywon,

If you are looking at the image in a 3D viewer, you may right-click on the image and choose 'one click to define a marker' (or any functions similar to that) to locate the center of the soma. Then you can draw any circle as you like.

best,
-Hanchuan

Originally posted by Taywon Shin:
Hello,

First, I really appreciate for this great software! it is very useful for my research. Meanwhile, I was wondering if there anyway I could manually segment soma from the result of neuronal tracing algorithm. In particular, I want to make big circle sphere, in the middle of soma, and annotate it as 'soma.' Just like Allen Institute brain atlas (attached png file for example). Thank you so much!