help > Complex contrast definition
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 18, 2019  07:11 PM | ajgordon
Complex contrast definition
Hi,

I could use some help defining what I think is fairly complex contrast. I have two groups of participants (patients vs controls) who completed a simple cognitive control task while being scanned. This task involved two trial types (green vs. red) with the idea being that more cognitive control is required for red trials. I am interested in identifying FC associated with behavioral measures (e.g., accuracy, reaction time time) that differs between participant groups and task conditions, but I am unsure how to define the contrasts required.

I have run similar analyses using resting state data (i.e., single condition) with the following type of contrast:
To test for greater association with behavioral variable in patients:
Controls    Patients    Control_variable   Patient_variable
     0              0                    -1                      1

For my current design I would imagine the following contrast would be used to test for greater association with reaction time (rt) in patients vs controls on red vs green trials:

Conditions
Green    Red
   -1         1

Subject effects
Controls    Patients    Control_rt_green_trials    Control_rt_red_trials    Patient_rt_green_trials    Patient_rt_green_trials
     0              0                     -1                                    1                               -1                                  1

Is this correct? If not, what would be the correct contrast definition?

Thanks in advance
Dec 6, 2019  05:12 PM | ajgordon
RE: Complex contrast definition
Hi, has anyone got nay thoughts on this?