help > Specify window/image size
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 21, 2019  02:11 PM | jadecci
Specify window/image size
Dear experts,

I'm visualising some data in MNI space and saving the images using the savebmp function (automated with a Python script). Is it actually possible to resize the image window or specify the size of the image? Right now if I restart the programme, the images saved will be of a different size, making cropping very hard to automate later on.

Thank you!
Dec 11, 2019  04:12 PM | Peter Jones - University of cambridge
RE: Specify window/image size
I too have this issue. I made some scripts to create image scenes with the excellent Surfice. I used the 2 February 2019 development version that was the only one that had the features I was looking for. This saves png images with size 1840x1992, at least in Windows 10. As I could not see a way to change the aspect ratio I decided to work within the image sizes created by Surfice. The version now released available from 2 September 2019 saves images with size 1228x1482. However, when I call Surfice from scripts it opens with a narrow view and images are saved with the size 772X1482. This makes the actual brain images small in the scenes I create because the top and bottom of the images is mostly white space. I can chamge the pixel count using the Bitmap Zoom but this does not change the aspect ratio. Is there a way to make the image size squarer?

Thanks for your help.

Simon
Dec 11, 2019  04:12 PM | Chris Rorden
Have you tried the savebmpxy() function, e.g. try this script:

import gl
gl.resetdefaults()
gl.azimuthelevation(70, 15)
gl.meshload('BrainMesh_ICBM152Right.mz3')
gl.overlayload('motor_4t95vol.nii.gz')
gl.overlayminmax(1,2,12)
gl.overlayload('motor_4t95vol.nii.gz')
gl.overlayminmax(2,-1,-2)
gl.colorbarvisible(1)
gl.overlaytransparencyonbackground(25)
gl.meshcurv()
gl.savebmpxy('square', 480, 480)
Dec 11, 2019  05:12 PM | Peter Jones - University of cambridge
No I hadn't. That worked!

Thanks