sdm-help-list > SdmPsi GUI V6.21 aborts (seems identical problem as former version)
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 12, 2020  12:02 PM | Chengyu Wang
SdmPsi GUI V6.21 aborts (seems identical problem as former version)
Hello,

I downloaded the new SdmPsi for Mac OS and was able to open it as well as test running the tutorial data with no issues. However, when I attempted to add studies (or just one study) to the tutorial sdm_table using the table editor, the GUI spontaneously aborted just at the moment I save it. And the GUI won't open again unless I deleted the "sdm_table.txt" file or edit the file to delete the extra studies(study) that I had added. The same problem also happened in the case when I changed the meta-analysis directory to my own data folder. My colleague encountered with the same problem using Windows OS. I encountered a similar problem in previous releases, and the developer replied that it was the 'wider than taller' (more columns than rows) problem and the problem should be fixed in v 6.12. I suspect that the problem is NOT just 'wider than taller' since my sdm_tables are 'taller than wider' either in previous or present release.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Best,

Chengyu
Feb 12, 2020  02:02 PM | Chengyu Wang
RE: SdmPsi GUI V6.21 aborts (seems identical problem as former version)
I found out what the problem was---when you saved the table without assigning values to t_thr, n1, and n2, there's the abort. In addition, this problem can occur when the name format for the studies is incorrect (eg. commas or other characters that the software can't recognize).
Originally posted by Chengyu Wang:
Hello,

I downloaded the new SdmPsi for Mac OS and was able to open it as well as test running the tutorial data with no issues. However, when I attempted to add studies (or just one study) to the tutorial sdm_table using the table editor, the GUI spontaneously aborted just at the moment I save it. And the GUI won't open again unless I deleted the "sdm_table.txt" file or edit the file to delete the extra studies(study) that I had added. The same problem also happened in the case when I changed the meta-analysis directory to my own data folder. My colleague encountered with the same problem using Windows OS. I encountered a similar problem in previous releases, and the developer replied that it was the 'wider than taller' (more columns than rows) problem and the problem should be fixed in v 6.12. I suspect that the problem is NOT just 'wider than taller' since my sdm_tables are 'taller than wider' either in previous or present release.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Best,

Chengyu
Feb 13, 2020  09:02 AM | Anton Albajes-Eizagirre - FIDMAG - Germanes Hospitalaries
RE: SdmPsi GUI V6.21 aborts (wrong characters in sdm_table)
Many thanks for the contributions, Chengyu :)