help > Plotting the values for each group (interaction)
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 12, 2020  04:02 PM | mscahart
Plotting the values for each group (interaction)
Dear all,

I have got a 2 (before intervention vs after intervention) x 2 (patients vs controls) design. With the salience network as a seed (for a seed to voxel analysis), I have got a significant result at the interaction level but not at the t-test level (effect of time within either patients or controls). I would like to work out what is driving this significant result: i.e., is it that performance slightly increases over time for patients while it slightly decreases for controls? Is there a way I can plot the results, with a break down of the values for each of the 4 groups (before-patients; before-controls; after-patients; after-controls)?

Thanks

Marie
Feb 12, 2020  05:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Plotting the values for each group (interaction)
Dear Marie,

Sure, simply click on the "Plot effects" button within the seed-to-voxel results explorer window (the button with a barplot-looking icon) and you should see just that (for each significant cluster in your results) e.g. something like the attached image

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by mscahart:
Dear all,

I have got a 2 (before intervention vs after intervention) x 2 (patients vs controls) design. With the salience network as a seed (for a seed to voxel analysis), I have got a significant result at the interaction level but not at the t-test level (effect of time within either patients or controls). I would like to work out what is driving this significant result: i.e., is it that performance slightly increases over time for patients while it slightly decreases for controls? Is there a way I can plot the results, with a break down of the values for each of the 4 groups (before-patients; before-controls; after-patients; after-controls)?

Thanks

Marie
Feb 12, 2020  05:02 PM | mscahart
Dear Alfonso, 

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I clicked on the "plot effects" button, however I do not get a similar result to the image you attached to your reply. I have attached a screenshot of what I get. What did I do wrong?

Marie
Attachment: Capture.JPG
Feb 12, 2020  07:02 PM | mscahart
.... and when I click "results" I get only 1 bar instead of 4 (attached).
Attachment: Capture2.PNG
Feb 12, 2020  09:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Dear Marie,
sorry about that, you are doing nothing wrong, simply use the latest release of CONN for this (it stores some additional info when performing second-level analyses precisely to be able to more easily create these post-hoc figures). 
Best
Alfonso

Dear Alfonso, 

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I clicked on the "plot effects" button, however I do not get a similar result to the image you attached to your reply. I have attached a screenshot of what I get. What did I do wrong?

Marie
Feb 12, 2020  10:02 PM | mscahart
Thanks, Alfonso!
Are my data going to be compromised if I open my current CONN project with a new release of CONN? Do I need to start a brand new project and re-preprocess my data?

Marie
Feb 12, 2020  10:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
That's a good point. Which version are you using now? In general, CONN will import your old-version project and you can simply continue working on the new version without a problem. That said, make sure that you have already finished processing all subjects, conditions, etc.. If that is not the case then it is recommended to check the ChangeLog (e.g. click on the release name in the downloads page) and look all changes marked with (*) signs between your current version and the latest version, to see if any of those changes may affect your study.

Also, to avoid potential problems, you could always duplicate your conn project (e.g. copy your conn_myproject.mat file and associated conn_myproject directory to a different location) and then work on the copied version only with the new release until you feel confident that everything is working fine, or until you decide to revert to the old version and just delete the copy).

Best
Alfonso

Thanks, Alfonso!
Are my data going to be compromised if I open my current CONN project with a new release of CONN? Do I need to start a brand new project and re-preprocess my data?

Marie
Feb 12, 2020  11:02 PM | mscahart
Dear Alfonso,

I am currently using the 18b version. I am guessing there is no way I can get those plots using that version? If not, then I will download the 19b version that has just been released, making sure I duplicate my CONN project first, just to be on the safe side!

Many thanks for being so helpful

Marie
Feb 13, 2020  01:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Dear Marie,
Well, it is possible to do something similar in 18b, but it requires to follow a somewhat convoluted procedure (see this thread for a related example), so I am a bit hesitant to recommend that approach (but of course please feel free to give it a try!)
Best
Alfonso
Dear Alfonso,

I am currently using the 18b version. I am guessing there is no way I can get those plots using that version? If not, then I will download the 19b version that has just been released, making sure I duplicate my CONN project first, just to be on the safe side!

Many thanks for being so helpful

Marie
Feb 13, 2020  04:02 PM | mscahart
Hi Alfonso, 

Would you mind letting me know what that thread is called as the link you sent in your previous message is not valid?

Thank you!

Marie
Feb 14, 2020  12:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
the link is https://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?...
and the thread is called "Seed-to-voxel analysis, importing values"
Best
Alfonso
Hi Alfonso, 

Would you mind letting me know what that thread is called as the link you sent in your previous message is not valid?

Thank you!

Marie