open-discussion > Can't set mricron as the default program to open nifti format file
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 25, 2020  06:02 PM | Qiushi Wang
Can't set mricron as the default program to open nifti format file
Dear Prof. Rorden

I want to set mricron as the default program to open nifti format file. For doing this, I right-clicked on a nifti format image, then click "open with", found no micron in the list below. Then I clicked the "browse" to find mricron and select it then click"ok", but this nifti image was not opened by mricron but the other program such as matlab or adobe reader. I am confused and hope to get your help. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Qiushi
Feb 25, 2020  09:02 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Can't set mricron as the default program to open nifti format file
Sorry, I can not replicate your problem. 
 1. What operating system are you using (e.g. Windows 10, MacOS 1.14.3, Ubuntu 14.04)
 2. What version of MRIcron are you uses (e.g. 1.0.20190902)
 3. What is the extension of the NIfTI file you are trying to open (.hdr, .img, .nii, .nii.gz).

While I am happy my older software is popular and reliable, if you have modern hardware you may want to try my more recent MRIcroGL. I have a lot of other duties, so my old tools do not get much attention.
Attachment: open.png
Feb 26, 2020  10:02 AM | Qiushi Wang
RE: Can't set mricron as the default program to open nifti format file
Dear Prof. Rorden:

Thank you very much for your reply.
The operating system I'm using is Windows 10; the version of mricron I'm using is the latest version released in September 2019; the extension of the NIFTI file I'm trying to open is "nii".
Now the problem has been solved. The reason is the Windows regedit got the mricron's path wrong. I changed it to the correct path and the mricron appeared in the list after I clicked "Open With".
I have just tried the latest version of MRIcroGL, which is very impressive! The image quality is amazing, the function is more powerful and the usability is quite good. I really admire your outstanding contribution to the imaging industry. I can't wait to learn more about this version of MRIcroGL and recommend it to my colleagues. Thank you again!

Best regards,

Qiushi