open-discussion > BrainMask_method 2 error
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 17, 2020  12:04 PM | Angels Calvet
BrainMask_method 2 error
Dear users and developers,

I'm new using DTIPrep for DWI QC.
I'm using it from command line and I'm interested in performing the BRAINMASK as (if I'm not wrong) it is necessary for the DOMINANTDIRECTION step (in which I'm really interested).
However, choosing the BRAINMASK_method to 2 (the user mask) and introducing the path in BRAINMASK_MaskedImage. I get the following error :

The brain mask procedure needs brain mask image. No brain mask image is used in protocol.
FAILURE IN:/work/jprieto/source/DTIPrep/src/main.cxx at 208

How can I load the mask?

Thank you!
Apr 17, 2020  02:04 PM | Martin Styner
RE: BrainMask_method 2 error
Yes, the brain mask is needed for the dominant direction step. We usually use the automatically generated one, so it could be that using a user supplied mask is currently not working properly.

You specified things correctly, i.e. set BRAINMASK_method to 2 and set the path to the mask in BRAINMASK_MaskedImage. The error you are getting should only happen if your method is set to 2 and the mask image path is empty. Can you check your protocol xml file to see whether the BRAINMASK_MaskedImage entry is empty or not?

Quick questions: Which version of DTIPrep are you using? Which platform?

Best
Martin
Originally posted by Angels Calvet:
Dear users and developers,

I'm new using DTIPrep for DWI QC.
I'm using it from command line and I'm interested in performing the BRAINMASK as (if I'm not wrong) it is necessary for the DOMINANTDIRECTION step (in which I'm really interested).
However, choosing the BRAINMASK_method to 2 (the user mask) and introducing the path in BRAINMASK_MaskedImage. I get the following error :

The brain mask procedure needs brain mask image. No brain mask image is used in protocol.
FAILURE IN:/work/jprieto/source/DTIPrep/src/main.cxx at 208

How can I load the mask?

Thank you!
Apr 17, 2020  04:04 PM | Angels Calvet
RE: BrainMask_method 2 error
Hi!

I'm using the version 1.2.8 in linux.

Regarding method 2, I checked the protocol and there was the path in the BRAINMASK_MaskedImage entry. I don't think this will be the error, but the mask is in nifti format.

Then, I tried with method 0 (FSL bet (B0)) and it hasn't worked either:

FAILED execution of Documents/DTIPrepTools-0.1.1-Linux/bin/DTIPrep in /work/jprieto/source/DTIPrep/src/main.cxx at 1475 with code 96

Bests