general > Free-form registration in QuickNII
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 14, 2020  12:05 AM | Penelope Young - University of Victoria
Free-form registration in QuickNII
Hello QuickNII community, 

My name is Penny Young and I am a MSc candidate at the University of Victoria. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to perform free-form registration with the QuickNII tool or if the makers have shared that they are working on this? I find QuickNII is a wonderful tool to circumnavigate slice angle irregularities, but without being able to warp the atlas I can't use most of my serial sections. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have also looked into aMAP, but I find it is not as user friendly. 

Thank you for your time and input.
May 14, 2020  08:05 AM | Gergely Csucs
RE: Free-form registration in QuickNII
There is a follow-up software available at https://www.nitrc.org/projects/visualign/, it allows users to make in-plane nonlinear refinements on top of QuickNII results.
Two remarks:
 - VisuAlign needs the JSON variant of QuickNII output, so if it does not list anything when you try to open a series, open it in QuickNII and save as JSON first
 - VisuAlign is available for Windows at the moment. If you need it for Mac, please let me know, I think I can make such version in a finite timeframe.
May 14, 2020  04:05 PM | Penelope Young - University of Victoria
Hello Gergely, thank you very much this is very helpful. I do work on a Macbook Air at home, but it only has 4GB RAM. If VisuAlign requires more I may just need to upgrade computers, possibly to a Windows. How long does it take to make VisuAlign for Mac, and what sort of fee would it cost my lab?

Thank you for your time.
May 20, 2020  12:05 PM | Gergely Csucs
Hi Penelope, VisuAlign for Mac is available for download at https://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=1426
It has not much documentation, but "Quick reference" in the Help menu lists the controls at least.
May 20, 2020  08:05 PM | Penelope Young - University of Victoria
Thank you very much Gergely!