help > Control Edge thickness- in a custom way
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 27, 2020  12:07 AM | Janzaib Masood
Control Edge thickness- in a custom way
I have this edge matrix with possible values in it between 0 and 1. The actual edges in the matrix are 0.8 0.9 and 1.

When I visualize it with brainnet viewer, I find very high difference of thickness between between edges that have very close magnitude (like .8 and .9)

It conveys the wrong idea. How would you fix this?

Or
Can anyone please share to make the edge thickness, more complying with the correlation matrix at hand?

https://imgur.com/a/fn2dFoD
Jul 27, 2020  01:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: Control Edge thickness- in a custom way
Hi, 

Please set the size of edge as 'Raw' and use scale to adjust their thickness. 

Best,
Mingrui
Originally posted by Janzaib Masood:
I have this edge matrix with possible values in it between 0 and 1. The actual edges in the matrix are 0.8 0.9 and 1.

When I visualize it with brainnet viewer, I find very high difference of thickness between between edges that have very close magnitude (like .8 and .9)

It conveys the wrong idea. How would you fix this?

Or
Can anyone please share to make the edge thickness, more complying with the correlation matrix at hand?

https://imgur.com/a/fn2dFoD
Jul 27, 2020  01:07 AM | Janzaib Masood
Dear Mingrui,

Thank you for the quick response on my questions.

One more thing,

My edge matrix has values (0    , 0.8, 0.9    and  1); 
I want to set a color for each one of these edges, such as gray for 0, blue for 0.8,   green for 0.9 and red for 1

How would this be possible? I am playing with the Custom Matrix for Edge color. But it does not let me set specific colors I think.

Janzaib Masood
Jul 27, 2020  04:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Janzaib, 

Yes, you can prepare a index matrix with the same size as your edge matrix, in which the index can be 1, 2, 3...(e.g, 1 for edge with 0.8, 2 for 0.9 etc.). After loading this custom matrix in edge color, you can pick color for each index in the popup dialog. 

Best,
Mingrui
Dear Mingrui,

Thank you for the quick response on my questions.

One more thing,

My edge matrix has values (0    , 0.8, 0.9    and  1); 
I want to set a color for each one of these edges, such as gray for 0, blue for 0.8,   green for 0.9 and red for 1

How would this be possible? I am playing with the Custom Matrix for Edge color. But it does not let me set specific colors I think.

Janzaib Masood
Jul 27, 2020  05:07 AM | Janzaib Masood
Thank, I did all of it and it is giving me three colors that are not significantly different from one other visually. Can I set these colors on my own?
Jul 28, 2020  02:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
Yes, you can click the color square button and select colors. 
Thank, I did all of it and it is giving me three colors that are not significantly different from one other visually. Can I set these colors on my own?