help > importing BIDS-compatible condition information
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 7, 2020  02:08 AM | Yingying Wang
importing BIDS-compatible condition information
Dear CONN experts,

I encounter a problem when specifying condition onsets with BIDS-compatible .tsv files. My data for each subject contain six runs and the *events.tsv files were prepared for each run separately (i.e., six sessions with six events.tsv files for each subject). However, with "BIDS-compatible one * events.tsv file in each subject/session folder" (the last choice in the "Import task/condition information from:" window), I can only select one *events.tsv file each time. And after each selection, onsets in that *events.tsv file will be applied directly to all sessions, making the onset information for the remaining five sessions incorrect. 

Could you please give me some instructions on how to fix this? How can I import the condition information for all sessions and subjects automatically?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Yingying
Aug 7, 2020  04:08 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: importing BIDS-compatible condition information
Hi Yingying

Sorry about that, and thanks for reporting this bug. If both your functional data and your .tsv files are named following BIDS conventions, could you please try the following syntax to import your condition information for all subjects and sessions:

files = conn_module('get','functionals');
   conn_importbids(files, 'type', 'conditions');

(note: if your dataset has already been preprocessed in CONN, then change the first line above to: files = conn_module('get','functionals', 'original data'); so that the functional data matches the names of your .tsv files)

Please let me know if you run into any issues

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Yingying Wang:
Dear CONN experts,

I encounter a problem when specifying condition onsets with BIDS-compatible .tsv files. My data for each subject contain six runs and the *events.tsv files were prepared for each run separately (i.e., six sessions with six events.tsv files for each subject). However, with "BIDS-compatible one * events.tsv file in each subject/session folder" (the last choice in the "Import task/condition information from:" window), I can only select one *events.tsv file each time. And after each selection, onsets in that *events.tsv file will be applied directly to all sessions, making the onset information for the remaining five sessions incorrect. 

Could you please give me some instructions on how to fix this? How can I import the condition information for all sessions and subjects automatically?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Yingying
Aug 7, 2020  07:08 PM | Yingying Wang
RE: importing BIDS-compatible condition information
Dear Alfonso,

Thank you very much. It indeed solves my problems!! 

Many thanks,
Yingying