help > Hangs when Visualizing Certain ROIs
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 2, 2020  04:10 AM | Jacob Bolzenius
Hangs when Visualizing Certain ROIs
Hello, 

I have been using BrainNet Viewer more and more in recent months as it gives great visuals.  I'm currently having an issue with BNV hanging when loading a mesh file, mapping file, then specifying certain ROIs in the Volume tab.  It seems to happen with some ROIs but not all, though I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

I saved the command line output from Matlab to the attached file.  Hoping someone may be able to help pinpoint the issue.  This has happened on both a Linux computer running Matlab2019a as well as a Windows PC running the Matlab Runtime client.

Thank you,
Jacob Bolzenius
Attachment: matlablog.txt
Oct 2, 2020  06:10 PM | Jacob Bolzenius
RE: Hangs when Visualizing Certain ROIs
As a quick update, I've narrowed down that the particular ROI that is not rendering is contained in the AAL3.nii atlas (downloaded externally) but only when displaying the thalamus regions.  Others seems to work although I haven't tested all 170 available ROIs.

I'm attaching the external AAL3 atlas in case it's useful.  The aal.nii atlas included with BNV works fine, but I was trying to use the attached .nii file for additional, more specific regions.

Thanks again!
Jacob
Attachment: AAL3.nii
Dec 14, 2020  02:12 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: Hangs when Visualizing Certain ROIs
Hi Jacob, 

I have tested your attached AAL3.nii, and found it works well with BrainNet Viewer. Could you specify the id of the regions with errors?

Best,
Mingrui
Originally posted by Jacob Bolzenius:
As a quick update, I've narrowed down that the particular ROI that is not rendering is contained in the AAL3.nii atlas (downloaded externally) but only when displaying the thalamus regions.  Others seems to work although I haven't tested all 170 available ROIs.

I'm attaching the external AAL3 atlas in case it's useful.  The aal.nii atlas included with BNV works fine, but I was trying to use the attached .nii file for additional, more specific regions.

Thanks again!
Jacob
Attachment: ForAAL3.png