sdm-help-list > Trouble in running the mean analysis
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 2, 2020  05:11 AM | Michelle Cosio - Udlap
Trouble in running the mean analysis
Hello,
I am working on a meta-analysis of empathy and mirror neurons in psychopathy. However, I am having a lot of problems with the program. I am new to it, so any advice you can give me is welcome.

I already have the files with the coordinates where the groups had differences. In the SDM table editor I only added the Study variables, n1, n2 and t_thr. I ran the pre-processing successfully. Then I wanted to do the mean analysis, but I got the following error:
o
aPreprocessing studies
9% Estimated remaining time(s): 50 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:20:03)
18% Estimated remaining time(s): 45 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:20:03)
27% Estimated remaining time(s): 37 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:59)
36% Estimated remaining time(s): 32 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:58)
45% Estimated remaining time(s): 25 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:54)
54% Estimated remaining time(s): 19 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:50)
63 % Estimated remaining time(s): 14 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:47)
72% Estimated remaining time(s): 10 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:44)
81% Estimated remaining time(s): 6 (ETA 2020-10-31 09:19:43)
o
aCalling web browser to display the report
o
d

Home dir /Users/m/.libsdm/sdm.conf

iExecuting mle for 'MyTest' with var1 '' var2 '' var3 '' var4 '' hyp=[1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000] and filter ''.

Loading conf from sdmpsi_params.xml...

WARNING: Compressed file '(null).nii.gz' not found.

The program will close as this problem could cause fatal errors.

I think it has to do with the fact that I did not put the variables of mean1, mean2, sd1 and sd2. I did not do this because in no study did I find such data on differences in activation of brain areas. However, I think they are necessary. What can I do to know those data from the studies included in my meta-analysis? And if that is not the case, what should I do in order to continue doing the analyses?

Thank you very much, i really hope you could help me.
Nov 5, 2020  09:11 AM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
RE: Trouble in running the mean analysis
Dear Michelle, 

The terms you added to the sdm_table are enoguh to perform a mean analysis if you have the correct .txt file with the corresponding coordinates. The variables mean and sd are used to perform the global analaysis, so they are not needed.

Your error specified that you added a study in the sdm_table without a name (null), so when the program goes to search for it, it cannot find it. Pleasse be sure you named the files correctly and that you didn't add any empty row. Also check in the report of the preprocessing which studies are being processed.

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Nov 6, 2020  12:11 AM | Michelle Cosio - Udlap
RE: Trouble in running the mean analysis
Hello, thank you very much for helping me with my question, I was able to do the media analysis.

Now I have a problem with the FWE correction Treshold. It seems that it can't find a file, or it doesn't have the right extension. However, I think i supposed to create that. I'm very new to this, so it's a little hard for me to understand.
This is what the software says it´s happening:

Launching Threshold...
_________________________________________________________ Launching Threshold...
Launched: sdm threshold /Users/m/Desktop/carpeta SDM-PSI/analysis_MyTest/corrp_tfce,/Users/m/Desktop/carpeta SDM-PSI/analysis_MyTest/MyTest_z,0.025,1
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [foobin] = [foothr] ? 1 : 0
WARNING: File 'foothr' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [SDM-PSI/analysis_MyTest/MyTest_z] = [foobin] * [/Users/m/Desktop/carpeta]
WARNING: File 'foobin' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [/Users/m/Desktop/carpeta] = clusters from [foomul] with size >= 1
WARNING: File 'foomul' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [foobin] = [foothr] ? 1 : 0
WARNING: File 'foothr' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [SDM-PSI/analysis_MyTest/MyTest_z] = [foobin] * [/Users/m/Desktop/carpeta]
WARNING: File 'foobin' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [foomul2] = [foomul] * -1
WARNING: File 'foomul' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Running imgcalc: (imgcalc) [/Users/m/Desktop/carpeta] = clusters from [foomul2] with size >= 1
WARNING: File 'foomul2' was not found or is not a NIfTI file (unknown extension).
Launching webbrowser
Launching MRICron

I hope you can help me once again.

Thank you very much,

Michelle.