sdm-help-list > Mask creation
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 18, 2020  04:11 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Mask creation
Hi,

When I attempt to make create a new mask, necessary for funnel plots and Eggers tests, the Z coordinate cannot go below -42.

Is there a reason for this, and what is the solution?

Best wishes,
Brandon
Nov 19, 2020  11:11 AM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
RE: Mask creation
Dear Brandom, 

I'm afraid that this is because a bug in the GUI, that we will fix later on. In order to create the mask you can type directly in the command tab: 
sdm 0_-40_-60 = mask MyTest,coordinate, 0, -40, -60

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Nov 19, 2020  03:11 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

Many thanks. 

I am using AES SDM v 5.15 as I have combined t-maps in my analysis. When I type the command you mentioned, or replace 'MyTest' with 'MyMean', SDM aborts.

When I use the latest version of SDM, in the execution log it reads 
"wParser error: argument 'model name' missing."

If it is useful, the coordinates I am using are (x y z MNI)
(36 -76 -48)
(-12 -74 -44) 

Best wishes,
Brandon
Nov 23, 2020  10:11 AM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Hi Brandon, 

Try to type the command directly from the terminal. You have to be in the directory where the sdm_table is located and from there call the ./sdm command as I said before.

Kind regards,
Lydia
Nov 25, 2020  02:11 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

Many thanks for your reply.

I copied and pasted the command you send across into the terminal. Please see attached

Best wishes,
Brandon
Attachment: Masking_error.jpg
Nov 26, 2020  03:11 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Hi Brandon, 

Are you typing the commnad from the terminal of the SDM or from the terminal of the computer? Because it has to be in the terminal of the computer, the software SDM should not be opened. Are you working from Linux o MacOs?

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Nov 30, 2020  12:11 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

Many thanks.

I see my error- I was using the SDM terminal. I use Windows.

Best wishes,
Brandon
Dec 9, 2020  08:12 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

I attempted to make the mask using Windows PowerShell in the directory of the SDM analysis. Please see error message attached.

Best wishes,
Brandon
Attachment: sdm_error.jpg
Dec 11, 2020  01:12 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Hi Brandon,

From your image I guess you are located in the analysis folder (which is your sdm_table and files). The sdm software is not located in that folder, so it cannot be found. I show you an example of how you should do it.

location SDM softare: /home/user/SdmPsiGui-linux64-v6.21/sdm
location analysis folder: /home/user/analysis

1. In the terminal, go to your analysis folder

2. Call the sdm softawe with the whole path to execute the command

PS D:\home\user\analysis> \home\user\SdmPsiGui-linux64-v6.21\sdm 36_-76_-48 = mask MyMean,coordinate, 36, -76, -48

If this doesn't work, try to put the path with quotation marks: "\home\user\SdmPsiGui-linux64-v6.21\sdm"
Tell me if it works or you are still having problems

Kind regards,
Lydia
Dec 11, 2020  08:12 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

Many thanks. Progress. Please see error sign attached.

Bw,
Brandon
Attachment: mask_error_2.jpg
Dec 14, 2020  02:12 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Hi brandon, 

I'm so sorry, I sent you the command for SDM-PSI instead of AES-SDM.

The proper command would be: \SdmGui-win64\sdm.bat 36_-76_-48 = mask coordinate, 36, -76, -48 (without the MyMean parameter)

Sorry for the mistake,
Kind regards, 
Lydia
Dec 14, 2020  06:12 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

Many thanks.

Same error sign persists of 'values' missing.

Best wishes,
Brandon
Attachment: mask_error_3.jpg
Dec 17, 2020  04:12 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Hi Brandon, 

I don't really know what is happing there, as with my compute it work properly. Which version of AES-SDM are you using?

Could you send us your data at: imardstudies@gmail.com, so we can check if there is any problem with the data or the software?

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Dec 17, 2020  04:12 PM | Brandon Gunasekera
Hi Lydia,

The issue pertained to the use of PowerShell. I solved the issue by using the cmd prompt instead.

Thank you for all your advice. 

Best wishes,
Brandon