help > reference to non-existent field 'filename'
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Dec 11, 2020  06:12 PM | Romke Hannema - McGill University
reference to non-existent field 'filename'
Dear Conn toolbox community, 

I have been trying to start an analysis of a batch of subjects. When I try to preprocess data I get the following error immediately: 

"ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Reference to non-existent field 'filename'.
Error in conn (line 861)
else filename=CONN_x.filename; end
Error in conn_jobmanager (line 780)
conn save;"

I do not understand this error, and reading the code doesn't make me much wiser. I tried to also take some already preprocessed data and just get to the 'denoising' step, and I get the exact same error. What am I doing wrong? 

Kind regards, 
Romke Hannema
Jan 12, 2021  12:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: reference to non-existent field 'filename'
Dear Romke,
Not sure yet what might have caused this error, could you please share your batch script (and the details about which version of CONN you are using)?
Thanks
Alfonso
Originally posted by Romke Hannema:
Dear Conn toolbox community, 

I have been trying to start an analysis of a batch of subjects. When I try to preprocess data I get the following error immediately: 

"ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Reference to non-existent field 'filename'.
Error in conn (line 861)
else filename=CONN_x.filename; end
Error in conn_jobmanager (line 780)
conn save;"

I do not understand this error, and reading the code doesn't make me much wiser. I tried to also take some already preprocessed data and just get to the 'denoising' step, and I get the exact same error. What am I doing wrong? 

Kind regards, 
Romke Hannema
Jan 15, 2021  07:01 PM | Romke Hannema - McGill University
Dear Alfonso, 

Thank you for your response. I may have phrased my original question poorly. I am not writing a batch script, but just using the GUI and then trying to run the 'setup' pipeline. 
This is a project which consisted of a bunch of already pre-processed subjects. I had just added a couple dozen new ROIs to the project, and wanted to rerun the steps necessary to analyze these ROIs at the second level (for which one only needs to run 'setup' and the succeeding steps, right? I won't need to rerun any preprocessing steps?). I added the ROIs, and when I submit this job, it immediately throws the error from my original post. 

I experience this same error on both conn18b and conn20b. My current suspicion is that one of the ROIs that I added to the project is somehow causing this problem. I think this is what happened, because the problem goes away when I remove some of the new ROIs. Is this plausible? They are spherical ROIs that I made myself using marsBaR. I don't see how these simple ROIs could cause such a problem. 
Thank you again for your time. 

Kind regards, 
Romke Hannema
Jan 23, 2021  06:01 PM | Romke Hannema - McGill University
Originally posted by Romke Hannema:
Dear Alfonso, 

Thank you for your response. I may have phrased my original question poorly. I am not writing a batch script, but just using the GUI and then trying to run the 'setup' pipeline. 
This is a project which consisted of a bunch of already pre-processed subjects. I had just added a couple dozen new ROIs to the project, and wanted to rerun the steps necessary to analyze these ROIs at the second level (for which one only needs to run 'setup' and the succeeding steps, right? I won't need to rerun any preprocessing steps?). I added the ROIs, and when I submit this job, it immediately throws the error from my original post. 

I experience this same error on both conn18b and conn20b. My current suspicion is that one of the ROIs that I added to the project is somehow causing this problem. I think this is what happened, because the problem goes away when I remove some of the new ROIs. Is this plausible? They are spherical ROIs that I made myself using marsBaR. I don't see how these simple ROIs could cause such a problem. 
Thank you again for your time. 

Kind regards, 
Romke Hannema
Dear Alfonso,

I would just like to add some more information that might be of some use.
I tried removing my ROIs, then re-adding them 5 at a time. When I had more 60 ROIs, CONN would always throw an error.
There are other CONN projects on my workstation that contain well over 60 ROIs and don't crash.
My only guess is now that there's something I did that causes an error if I add more than a certain number of ROIs to my ROI list in CONN.
Would this information help at all? Is there any other information that I can/should provide? I'm willing to provide you anything that might help. 

Kind regards,
Romke